Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ain't that a fine how-do-you-do.

Well so much for sunshine and periwinkle blue sky.  Wow...what a difference a day makes. Yesterday was a transition day, the power went out a couple of times, and I made the decision I was not going to reset my clocks until the weather decided exactly what it was going to do.  Frankie was not pleased with my decision and I told her if she wanted to spend her day running all around the house fixing the clocks that was fine with me.

She went off and pouted...she still is.  Tough noogies, toots.  I've got three battery operated clocks, and the time is on my cell phone (I recharged it yesterday) and as far as I'm concerned they are good enough.  Yes, when the power goes out I might have to use a flashlight to see the clock face, but the time is there and that's all that matters.  Sometimes, old-fashioned time telling is the best.

My neighbor called me this morning to see how I was doing, and she is the one who told me that my lawn was not just wet, it also had a thin layer of ice.  Well, damn, that's going to make it hard to go out to get the mail...but then again...maybe I won't even be getting mail today.  The Post Office no longer follows their long standing creed that the mail will be delivered no matter how inclement the weather is.

And, as for Zorro...he is hating today, he steps outside, and makes an immediate U turn and races back indoors. Silly dog, eventually he is going to have to go out to do his 'duty'.  Hopefully it will be before his bladder explodes.  Hmmm, maybe if I go out with him and add some encouragement he'll do his deed.

Life is such a hoot.  A truck has been changing (upgrading I guess) all the streetlights in the neighborhood...I've been watching, nosy old person that I am.  I think that's sooo funny, considering how the power has been going on and off, on  and off.  What good is the new fixture going to be if there is no power to illuminate it.  Baaaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaa.  I've heard about these new fixtures, they are supposed to be more environmental friendly, directing the light where it is most needed, and allowing us to see the night sky much better.  I've also heard there are even newer fixtures coming that will only come on when a car's headlights activate them.

This reminded me of my daughter's (long ago)car that had a lop-sided headlight that actually turn 'off' the streetlights as her car went down or up a street.  Now...that's funny.

Anyway, my fingers are super cold, and I'm going to go fix myself something hot to drink.  Then, I'm going to wrap up in a blanket and wait for the power to go out. Baaaaaaaa, haaaaaaa, haaaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment