Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The leaves of brown are tumbling down.

An old song comes to mind this morning.  I believe it is from the Broadway Play, Oklahoma.  It starts out, "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.....I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way."

You should see my morning!!!!!!!  You should see my day!!!!!!!!  You should feel my feeling!!!!!!!

Everything might not be going my way, but three our of four is not bad...not bad at all.

I mean, I've no words to aptly describe how magnificent it is here today.  The sky is periwinkle blue and there is not even a wisp of a cloud floating by.  Well, it definitely would not be 'floating' by, it would be 'whizzing' by because we've got an East Wind a'blowin' like you would not believe.

While sitting here in my office occasionally a leaf will twirl and swirl to the ground, gracefully and graciously giving in to the inevitable.  Then...suddenly, a gust of wind causes the trees in my neighborhood to bend and sway, and a wave of brown and yellow leaves come into view from the roof and gutter of my house.  They gleefully, excitedly race each other to the ground.

I have to say, I'm having a dang good time.  I'm not getting a lot of work done, but it is such a gorgeous day, I don't really care.

I've heard it's going to be cold this week, too.  Those edjakated metrolgists are excitedly reporting there are going to be strong winds, and thanks to the Arctic Blast, the temperature are going to range from the high 30's with wind chills making the temperatures feel more like the 20's.  Obviously my beautiful mornings and days are going to be deceiving.  Brrrrrr.

Happily, I can report I got all my outside chores done.  I drained the last of the hoses and covered the outside faucets yesterday, and brought in my geraniums on Sunday...sore wrist and all.  Oh, truth be told there is still some pruning to do, but I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks, with the hope my gardener just might do that.  If not, by then all the leaves will be gone, and it will be easy to lop off the bare branches.

Meantime, I'm going to enjoy this magnificent weather, bundle up when I trek to the mailbox, and drink spicy tea, and strong black coffee as Zorro, CC and I snuggle under a homemade afghan.

Life is good people, life is sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment