Monday, March 4, 2013

Busy, busy, bumble bee.

I've been a very busy girl over the weekend.  Working on items for my web page on Zazzle.  With spring just around the proverbial corner, and Easter coming shortly there after I have been trying to get some merchandise ready for both.

Karen tells me that (at least in California) girls have taken up skateboarding, and guess what? Zazzle actually has skateboards.  So, that is what I have been working on so diligently over the last 48 hours.  Karen actually designed the first one, and it turned out great, so I decided to 'give it a go' myself.

If you would like to check it out, there are two ready for purchase at Zazzle:

gueswhopubs.att.net

There you'll see the patterns on the boards are designed strictly for girls.  One is pink with the word Spring sprawled across it, while the other has a picture of a foxglove with the words "You go girl! overlaid on it.  I think they are both quite spiffy.

The two I am working on are equally feminine, with lovely pictures, overlaid on one are the words "Yes you can" while the other states "Girls just want to have fun".  As you can see, I find this project intriguing, and think there might be a huge market out there especially among the college crowd.  No more having to lock down your bicycle and worrying about it being stolen, you simply take the board with you to the class.  Plus, the board can be leaned against the wall behind the dorm door, eagerly awaiting the next run to a favorite coffee shop or pizza place. Most students carry everything in a backpack, so toting a skateboard should not be terribly inconvenient.  I'm telling you...I think this is a good idea, I just need someone to market this.  Creativity is my long suit...dealing with the public, not so much.   

What I would like to do is have some prototypes, and a salesperson, who could go to skateboard stores and show them what can be done to include girls in the skateboard sport, hobby...or whatever skateboarding is called.  I will design the boards, Zazzle will make the boards...the store owners will buy the boards through Zazzle who will ship the boards to the stores, and I get a percentage of the sales through Zazzle. Oh, the possibilities.

Also, what I like about the Zazzle skateboard is, a person can buy just the board, and purchase wheels at a skateboard store, or you can purchase the board and the wheels as a complete package from Zazzle.  Oh, there are times I wish I was rich...so I could really make a run for even more money...I think this could be my real shot at a million dollar idea. 

Hmmmm, maybe I should delete this entry...with the luck I've had all my life, now I've written this, somebody else is going to come along and steal my idea and make the million...Damn you, Sandy, Damn you!

P.S.  Girls, if you already have a bicycle, you will not need to purchase extra equipment, you probably already own a helmet, knee and elbow pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment