Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Whew

Man, I've been busy.  If you asked me what I have been doing, I think it would take days to tell all about it.  I get dizzy just contemplating everything.

Mostly it's been the taxes.  Oh, mercy me, those dang taxes.  I figured them out three ways from Sunday and eventually figured out the simple straight 1040 was the best way to go.  No matter what way I did them they all came out with the same answer, I don't owe, but I don't get a refund either.  Frankly, I'm not sure I even did them correctly this year, but to the best of my knowledge I think I got all the figures in the right places.  I'm going to put the returns in the mail today.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I still have a lot of filing to do, but once that is done I think things will slow down a bit and I can get back into a normal routine.

Then I had a doctor's appointment on Monday morning.  I hate doctoring, but after I got a message from her stating there was a new policy that she could not renew my prescriptions until I came to see her...necessity over took, and I paid her a visit.  Of course, my blood pressure was up...not 'badly' up, but up.  So, after I had been sitting for a while the nurse came in and took it again...by now it had returned to normal.  By the way, did you know, or were you ever told not to cross your legs while you are having your pressure taken?  I learned that Monday...how come nobody ever told me that before.  I always sit cross legged, mostly because my feet don't touch the floor in most chairs.  

Oh, and I've shrunk 3/4 of an inch...Dang...no wonder I look like a turkey in my new suit...Baaa, haaa, haa, tee, hee. hee.  Yep, it's official...I'm under five feet tall.  Shoot.

Also, I've been spending tons of hours working as well, I've made several new items for my Zazzle site, expanding into decorator pillows, wall hangings, and a few days ago a water bottle.  Often I'm still at the computer at 3 A of M, after I promised you and myself I was not going to do that any more.

Plus, In November I joined a web site called Lumosity, it is a site dedicated to increasing your brain function by playing games.  I have to say it has been helpful, and my Brain Profile Index (BPI) has increased from the low seven hundreds to a little over nine hundred.  As you move through the process the games become more difficult.  Each day the site gives you a set of five games to play, I diligently play them...whether I like them or not.  They know the ones that give a person trouble so of course those are the ones a person gets.  Every day, I shudder what games will be there, and moan once I see what they are.  I especially hate the math games...so far they have been games I can handle, but oh my, some of the ones to come?????

There are two that cause me particular trouble.  One has to do with jigsaw puzzle pieces, colors, shapes, horizontal and vertical activity all at once.  the other is kind of like playing a pinball machine. The screen shows where the bumpers are, then they disappear and you have to remember where they were and shoot the ball the direction you 'think' the bumpers were so you can make the correct shot.  I always get a little message that says (in effect)...'well, that was a little hard old woman...let's go back a bit'...how embarrassing.

Then, there is Bible study, and a front yard project going on that requires I move about a hundred concrete blocks.  I asked my gardener to do it, and he said he would, but after the third request, without any action from him, I've decided to tackle the project myself.  I think I'm doing a pretty good job, working between rain drops, and free time I think the job should be done by September.  LOL. LOL. LOL.

So, there you have it the reasons I have not been able to blog as frequently as I would like.  I'm hoping I can get back on track soon.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.
I love you guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment