Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ahhhhh, Love is in the air.

This post is simply a bit of whimsy.  This morning I got to thinking about love, and about the ways we can tell we are in love and who that somebody might be. 

For instance, did you ever pluck the petals from a daisy and repeat over and over 'he loves me, he loves me not?  If the last petal is 'loves me', swell!  That's certainly a heck of a lot better than 'he loves me not'.  Sigh.

Or how about, if you can peel an apple in one long, unbroken strip and then throw the strip over your shoulder, the initials of your loved one should appear in the way the peel lands.  Like, for instance RP.  Seriously, I've tried this over and over and over I could NEVER get the peel to spell out RP, or for that matter any other initials either.

Don't forget the ladybug.  If you catch one and then release it and watch which direction it flies, that will be the direction from which your love will come.   And, never, never, ever knit you boyfriend a pair of socks...he will surely leave you.

And all those greens we're supposed to eat for our health, ya' better eat them for love too, because lettuce is supposed to have the power to arouse love, so give your fella', lots of salads. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to go shopping and get yourself a new blanket today.  Because if you make a wish before falling asleep under a new one you're sure to meet your new love tomorrow.

Of course, we've all heard the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and here are some foods that are supposed to arouse your man, chocolate, basil, carrots, oysters, vanilla (in chocolate cake I assume)  and celery.  However, I'm more incline to think better foods would be a good, thick steak, a baked potato and the above mentioned chocolate cake.  I happen to know (for a fact) a hearty, homemade vegetable soup the kind his mother used to make will work well, too.

Finally, let's not forget all those scents, rosemary, sage, lavender, roses, lemon, jasmine and honeysuckle; so girls, light up those scented candles, apparently they do work.  Oh, and freshly cut grass is supposed to arouse amour, too.  I think I have to agree with that one...I do so get a pleasant reaction from the scent and look of a freshly mowed lawn. 

Hmmm, and how do you feel about the scent of air dried laundry, a baking pumpkin pie, and smoke wafting on an autumn breeze.  Ah, yes, me thinks love is in the air.



No comments:

Post a Comment