Saturday, June 14, 2014

I don't know what happened to yesterday

Honest I can’t figure out how some days the time tick-tocks along at normal speed, while some days move in slow motion like you see in old time cartoons, and yet others speed along as though you are fast forwarding through boring parts of a movie.  What the heck?

Yesterday was one of those ‘fast forwarding’ kind of days.  I had a lot of ‘piddling’ things to do.  You know the kind; you start one job, but walk by another that needs to be done.  So, you change course and to do that job, (almost to completion) until that unexpected ‘spill’ happens and you have to stop to clean up the mess.

Man, that was the kind of day I had yesterday.  There was a lot of miscellaneous filing to do. 'Thinking of you' cards to finish and put into the mail.  And, shredding, don’t we all just love that job.  

My regular, house call veterinarian doctor closed her mobile clinic and opened a cat clinic across town some time ago and I confess I didn’t give that much thought until I got the notice in the mail that my pets licenses need renewal. Uh oh, now that I have to get their shots updated, I’ve got to find a new vet, oh dear.  This of course, led to my having to go online and do research to find a new house call vet.  That took time, quite a bit of time, morning melted into afternoon, e-mails were sent, and phone calls were made.  I eventually found one, and we, (Zorro, CC and I) have an appointment later this month.  

Then I decided I wanted to make myself some of my ice cream concoctions, and that went well, until I walked away from my TV tray station and Zorro grabbed half a chocolate chip muffin off the tray, and left a trail of crumbs and paper muffin cup from the living room to the kitchen.  Of course, I got mad at him…heaven forbid it should be my fault I left it where he could reach it.  I was so ashamed I yelled at and scolded him.  

Finally I finished the ice creams, cleaned up the mess, and decided to do a little crocheting and watch some TV.  So, I snuggled under a blanket with Zorro and immediately fell asleep. When I awoke, I decided I was hungry, and the mess started all over again.  

While I was fixing myself a sandwich I thought about what a wacky, disorganized, kind of day it had been. The hours had whizzed by, I felt exhausted, where had the day gone?  I could not actually say with any conviction I had accomplished a single thing.  I felt I should look for a rewind button and start the whole dang day over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment