Thursday, June 12, 2014

Shoot!

So, I was looking at my calendar this morning.  Dang, if it doesn’t show the Summer Solstice is a mere nine days away.

How is that possible?

Oh, now I’m so depressed.

Sigh!

I r-e-a-l-l-y despise the arrival of the Solstice, because from that day forward, it is all downhill to the Winter Solstice.  And second by second, eventually minute by minute the daylight time shortens every…single…day.

The lovely chartreuse greens of spring, turn tired, dust covered, olive drab.  Yuck.  And, sadly by mid-August, the leaves on the alder trees in my neighbor’s yard will begin to fall into mine.  Before I know it…it’s September, and that old melancholy starts to set in. 

I tells ya’…I hates it.

Next thing I know the robins are gathering in my front yard getting ready to migrate south, overhead I can hear gaggles of geese on their trip to warmer climes as well.  And, before I know it the seagulls are getting ready to winter on the middle school property. 

Oh, the horror of it all. 

Man, I’m really bumming myself out here. 

After all, it is only the middle of June. I’ve still got July and August, when twilight still hovers around the 9 o’clock to 8:30 time period.  I shouldn’t be wishing my life away.  Right?

Still, there is just something about that dreadful day, June 21st, when the sun has reached it northern most peak in the sky, then yawns, stretches it long, warm rays, and bids us all adieu.  Then, slowly retreats to bring longer days to the southern hemisphere of this big blue marble. 

I guess there’s just one word I have for how I’m starting to feel.

Letitgo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment