Tuesday, July 17, 2012

...so, just who's in charge here.

Dang it.  I'm having a problem with those itsy-bitsy ants again.  For some reason they have fallen in love with the cat food.  I came out to the kitchen a few days ago and found CC's  kibble bowl covered with them.  I put the bowl in the sink and ran the hottest water I have over it...flooded it...and watched those sucks, die, die, die.  I know, that was cruel.  Some of them tried to escape and I gave those stragglers the old 'squash with the thumb' treatment.  I do not like any kind of bugs in my house.  Especially the Granddaddy Long Legs that get in my tub and can't get out.  Sorry, I digressed.

Back to the ants.  I decided the best way of getting rid of them was to spray along their path on wall with Raid.  The spray can states it does not smell...well, it kind of doesn't...still kind of does, but it worked and I am happy.  I know those little rascals will be back when the spray dissipates and decide that at night I will simply put CC's bowl in a plastic zip bag and store it in a cupboard til morning.

The first nigh all went well.

But...ohhhh, last night was a night from He-double hockey-sticks.

Time after time CC came into the bedroom to bug me, I knew she wanted her bowl of kibble.

Hey...who's in charge here...me, right?

Zorro and I try to ignore her.  She lays on my chest for about ten minutes and then jumps off the bed.  I'm just about back to sleep when she jumps back on.  Zorro is getting very annoyed, and even starts to growl at her presence.

This goes on till 4:36...finally I could not take the torture any more.  I sit up, flick on the light and announce to Zorro 'I can'ts stans this no mores.'  I put on my slippers, go to the kitchen and get out CC's kibble bowl.  Then in a very loud, and annoyed voice I repeat over and over...kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, until I see her zooming from where ever she had been to come and eat.

Zorro and I head back to bed...I must get some sleep.  CC never bothers us again.

So guess who's in charge?  It certainly isn't me.

Insert a very tired person's sigh here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment