Saturday, October 19, 2013

I don't get it.

How come some days linger f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and some days zippppp past.  Yesterday was a zipper for me.  I kept wanting to write a blog for the day, my intention was good----really, but stuff kept getting in the way.

Even Zorro seemed to be at loose ends.  There are some days he is really needy, and yesterday was one of those days.  He kept wanting to be in my lap while I was working, so I would allow him to jump up.  Then he would do that little 'paw' my arm trick.  Well, everybody knows how hard it is to type with one hand, while trying to look at the keyboard over the head of a dog. 

He didn't seem to want to be up anyway, and he'd jump down. 

Bark, bark, bark.

Maybe he wants to go out.  Maybe not.

And so my morning went. 

Surprisingly, at noon as I went over my morning activities I discovered I had actually accomplished quite a bit in spite of all the interruptions. 

After lunch I decided to take some time to clear the back sidewalk and patio of fallen leaves.  I discovered the chickens were out of solitary, and I took a few minutes to say hello to Florence.  My, oh my, she has gotten so big and plump.  Although the guy who put up the tree house...well, it's more like a tree 'deck', still has some his some of his tools lying about...I can't tell you how that drives me nuts...I'd like to jump the fence and at least put them under the deck out of the elements.  My husband would be having a 'fit' at the way this guy treats his tools.  Mind your own business old lady, sweep the leaves.

Anyway, while I was out broom in hand, the guy who gave me an estimate to do my gardening went by in his truck. Uh-oh...he waved at me...not good, not good.  I hustle Zorro back into the house.  I just know he will stop by, I just know it.

He does.

I hide...do not go to the door...I figure he will read the sign on my storm door and leave.

He does not.

His truck is still at the curb, but I can't see him...anywhere. 
Where the heck did he go?  I find myself sneaking around my own house looking for him.  I guess I'm a little ahead or behind him as I go from window to window.  Finally, I see his truck is gone.

Now here's the thing, I'm the kind of person who hates to hurt any body's feelings, saying no is difficult for me, so I told him I WOULD CALL HIM if I needed him.  Bad mistake, I never should have said that, realizing now, that I have left the door slightly ajar for him to make return visits.  I guess I'm going to have to call him just to put an end to this evasive dance.  Besides, I hate having to hide out in my own home.  Plus, (AND I'VE GOT TO STOP WATCHING CRIME SHOWS) I don't want him to be one of those creepy guys that turn out to be stalkers, and harass me.

Eventually I discover there is not one single good thing to watch on TV...except for my scary shows on the Discovery Channel...and I was not about to watch those since I had pretty much freaked myself during the afternoon...I go back to work. 

Before I knew it, it was a little after midnight. 

Zip-zip-zippity, zip, zip.  The day had come and gone.  Time flew by.  I remember watching Jay Leno, and started to watch Graig Ferguson, when the Sandman finally came to call. 

This morning I'm off to a pretty good start.  First load of laundry in washer, and my blog is almost done.  Not bad, for nine o'clock in the morning...on a Saturday...a lovely, lovely, October Saturday.  Zorro nestled in my lap, I'm on schedule (so far) and about to go to work.

All is right with my world, although, the planet on the whole could use a lot of lovin'.





No comments:

Post a Comment