Monday, October 14, 2013

What the heck happened to the weekend?

 I closed my eyes Friday night and when I opened them this morning it was Monday.

Yeah, I frittered the whole damn two days away.  What did I accomplish?  Seriously, did I do one productive thing?  I'm gonna' let you judge. 

Well, Saturday I ate, and ate, and ate.  It was one of those days I kept opening the refrigerator and cupboard that contains all my snacky stuff managing every time to find something to shove into my mouth.  I hate days like that.  I remember thinking "What the heck did I eat today?"  Turns out just about everything but the kitchen sink.  Honest, I had a container of donut holes on the counter and it seems every time I walked past it I was shoving one in my mouth.  Oh, and all that Lebanon Bologna, I started with a sandwich but by TV time I was rolling the slices up and gobbling them down in a very unlady-like fashion.

Of course, I managed to do the laundry, always a fun endeavor.  Which was mixed in with some work for Zazzle, as I made some holiday mugs and additional kitchen towels decorated with "Christmas Cheer" to brighten your kitchen and bring delight to your holiday guests.  "Also, good as a gift for your holiday hostess.  Blah, blah, blah."

By the time I was done with all this day's nonsense, I was ready to hit the sheets, but somehow managed to fritter away even more computer time and never got to bed till after one o'clock.

Sunday morning in addition to my regular routine I went to my saloon salon, for my weekly coiffure, which involves rolling up my hair in plastic rollers so tightly they pull back my face that I look like I've gotten a face lift.  When they begin to tighten my scalp and start to hurt (ouch, ouch), I know my hair is dry and I can remove them, the results of which make me look like my beloved childhood book character, Pinky Marie Washington, Jefferson, Jackson.

I did some entertaining Sunday morning as well, a neighbor came for coffee.  From the look on her face I could tell she never expected to be entertained by a woman who's face was drawn back in a grotesque manner the result of the array of pink and white rollers totally covering the top of her head.  Pretty funny stuff, pretty funny. We did have two lovely hours of chit-chat and neighborhood gossip, winding down around noon, when we both discovered we were getting hungry.  Food...again? 

Time for a stroll around the yard looking for pretty autumn leaves...Zorro and I found none. 

Time for work

I did some more Zazzle work Sunday afternoon while listening to and watching some football, then chatted with my daughter in California for a while.  Before I knew it, it was getting dark outside. 

Where had the weekend gone?  Okay, I had asked you to be the judge whether I accomplished anything this weekend.  I think I take that back.  Maybe I did close my eyes Friday night...and this is really just Saturday morning...

Wow, a 'do over.'

No comments:

Post a Comment