Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Monday's Bits and pieces

First, I cooked my 15 bean soup till afternoon.  The flavor was wonderful, I enjoyed it very much.  On the down side, the garbanzos and lentils simply would not soften, I ate them anyway...what the heck.  Overall the soup was really, really savory, hearty and tummy filling good.

Second, I finished cutting down the hops that grow up the side of the garage, and across the top of the door.  I'm so glad I nailed drawer pulls across the top of the door, and trained the hops through them.  All I had to do was take the clippers, snip the vines on either side of the pull, and they fell to the ground in perfect lengths to fit into my yard debris container.  I swept up the smaller pieces and leaves and was done in less that half an hour.  I could not believe how easy it was.

Third,  I'm trying to take a break every afternoon and sit outside for at least ten minutes.  It's a little on the chilly side to do that, even though the temperature registers around 70.  Somehow, 70 does not feel the same in October as it does in July.  Plus, any area of the yard that does not get sunshine does not dry off, the grass constantly has dew on it.  I keep getting my feet wet.

Fourth,  I didn't sweep leaves yesterday, and I'm glad I didn't.  The wind did a pretty good number on 'nuding' the trees, and I'm thinking today might be the last day I'm going to have to sweep.  Wouldn't that be grand?

Fifth, I got my tax bill....gasp.  It went up three hundred dollars, as a result of measures people voted for last November...I personally didn't vote for any of them.  I think only those that did should have to pay the extra tax money.  Yeah, yeah, I know, secret ballot, blah, blah, blah, no way to know who voted for what...really...to tell the truth I don't really believe the ballots are all that 'secret'...what do you think?

Sixth, I'm back to drinking water on a better basis, and I'm hoping by the end of the week I will have a better handle of keeping hydrated.  As I posted on facebook last night yesterday I drank three 16 ounce bottles of the stuff. The first had raspberry flavor, the second strawberry flavor, and the last had a lemonade flavor.  My taste buds have been very, very happy.

Seventh, I finally cleared all the works in progress in my Zazzle store, and they should be ready for purchase today.  Each item is for Christmas.  I've made wrapping papers, with matching stickers, no transparent tape needed this year; six Christmas cards, and even more stuff.  Today I'm going to make some address labels to match the cards.    Busy day ahead. 

Eighth, I just had a run-in with a girl on the phone, you know those anonymous calls saying this is your final call to reduce your interest rate.  Well, I finally picked up the phone and punched one.  A girl came on the line.  I asked for her name, her supervisor's name and the name of the company she was working for.  To my surprise, she told me.  I told her I was going to report her and her company to my state's Attorney Generals Office.  Things got heated.  All I wanted her to do was delete my name from her list.  She accused me of yelling at her, I told her I was.  I said I wanted to talk to her supervisor, she said I couldn't "she would get fired.  How could she feed her children."  I said "I don't care."  She called me a "mean old lady", I told her I was. 

The line went dead.  Hmmm, I wonder why?

And that's the bits and pieces of my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment