Friday, October 25, 2013

Santa's Satellite Workshop.

Here at Santa's Satellite Workshop, the lights burned late into the night.  The Elves busily making merchandise for Gues Who Originals store front.  Itsy was especially busy, her fingers either clicking her mouse or racing across her keyboard writing copy for the goods being placed in Gues Who Originals brand new department "Holidays".

Let me tell you, by the time Santa called last night and said it was okay to turn off the lights and hit the sheets, Itsy and all the other elves were frazzled.  I wasn't looking all that great either.  However, quite a bit had been accomplished.

You see, I discovered an item in Zazzles inventory that I think people could actually afford, and it's something I think kids (and adults) just might enjoy.  They are candy tins.  There are small and large sizes and you can decide what you want to put into the tins you want to purchase.  Mints or Jelly Belly Jelly Beans.  So, I say to Isty, "What do you think.  Should we make some?"

Itsy was immediately on board (which is why she's in charge) and she began to bark orders to the other elves, and I mean to tell you our shop was a buzz all day.  Oh, there were illustrations to find, shape, and color to adorn the tops of the tins.  There was copy to write.  There was cutting and pasting to do.  It was a mad house. 

Even Frankie helped out, she was in charge of keeping us hydrated, and supplying us with sugary snacks, they in turn, had us pretty much bouncing off the walls all day. 

Zorro, well,  he slept,  in his office bed most of the day.  Lucky dog!

The important thing is, as a team, we accomplished much.  I watch all those commercials on TV showing how all the new electronic wonders help companies preform miracles when it comes to being super effective.  Well, good for them.  Here at Gues Who Originals we do things the old fashioned way.  Blood, sweat and tears.  My computer, printer and scanner humming, buzzing and grinding along.  My elves work tirelessly, happy, smiling and excited.

Santa's happy, too.  He told me yesterday he checked out Gues Who Originals Holiday Department and that he was very pleased.  Especially, it seems with the candy tins.  Well, who would have thought?

"What's that?"

"Oh, okay."

Isty has just stopped by to tell me my coffee break is over, and I need to set a good example for the workers.  So, I will say adieu for today.  Hey, stop by my workshop some day, I'm sure Itsy can find some kind of job for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment