Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It just might be a blustery day

I'm cold, my little piggies are wishing I would go to the bedroom and get my wintertime slippers and cover them up.  While the rest of my body is in 'work mode' and I can't seem to pry myself away from my computer.  Is that nuts or what? 

Work as been going so well this morning, I'm on a roll, and don't want to stop. Although I am on a coffee break right now and should spend at least the half a minute it would take for me to walk across the hall, open the closet door and get my slippers. I simply cannot.

Question is will I finish this blog first or save my freezing tootsies?

Technically, I've even drunk all my coffee, so it's not even an official coffee break, but it is a "I'm really tired of looking at Christmas illustrations" break.  There is only so much I can take, and at the moment to look at another candy cane or tree ornament is going to send me into a screaming fit you will probably be able hear if you open your front door.

Maybe I should push my chair back, stand up and go sweep all the fallen leaves from sidewalk and patio break.  But, the East Wind is blowing pretty good today, so maybe that's a job best left till tomorrow.  Speaking of the East Wind.

I'm starting to giggle...give me a moment to compose myself...

>
>
>

Y'all know how I feel about all those edjukated meteorologists, giggle, giggle, giggle.

Well several years ago here, locally, the guys and gals along with the local newspaper and the American Meteorological Society got together and decided that the East Winds had to have a new name. As a result, "during November 1997, a Portland television station and The Oregonian teamed with the Oregon chapter of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) to name the strong Columbia River Gorge winds through a contest. Some 7,000 entries were submitted to the "Name our East Wind Contest", with a total of 2,424 different names. The name 'Coho' was judged to be the best name since it is easy to pronounce (and spell), it is an indigenous name to the Pacific Northwest, silver salmon are wild fast swimmers analogous to the wind, and it relates to the widely known westerly chinook winds that are also a name of a salmon."

(Excerpts from Wikipedia, today October 15, 2013)

Let me tell ya, they tried hard, they truly did...but they could not get the new name to stick.  Baaaa, haaaa, haaaaa.  Damn, I'm an awful, awful person...I just love when things go wrong for them edjukated folks. 

So, come on East Wind, make my day, do your thing.  Blow those leaves hither and yon, tussle my hair, rustle through the firs.  It's a grand and glorious day. 

Yes, piggies, I'm coming, I'm coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment