Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas, Christmas time is here...

...time for joy and time for cheer.  I know this because it is part of a Christmas song, and I was listening to it just a few days ago.

Frankie and I have been diligently decorating the house...just about every...single...room.  Whew.  Well, as you know we've also been distracted by birds...but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, the last thing on our holiday romp through dozens of boxes is to put up the tree.  I bought a new one a few years ago, the kind with the lights built in. I wish I had invented this, cause Frankie and I would be living in the lap of luxury by now, but as always I was a day late and a pound short.

I love my tree, and I love the decorating...but dang...I "Hates" the 'fluf-ing' of the branches.  So not fun, and in my opinion boring.  I also loved when Karen was still living at home, because for some reason, she loved the 'fluf'.  Yes, I know it's actually 'fluffing' the branches out, but one year one of us accidently said 'flufing', and the word stuck...so we don't fluff the branches, we fluf them.

Every year I remind Karen it is time to 'fluf' the tree....now, wouldn't you think a loving daughter would drop everything, hop a plane and come a thousand miles to 'fluf' her mother's tree?  Is that really expecting too much?  Well, maybe.  See, if I had just invented the artificial Christmas tree with the lights built in, I would probably have my own Lear Jet, that I could fly to her and in about three hours she could be here, 'fluf' my tree and be back home by dinner time.  Life just isn't fair.  (Picture me stomping my foot.)

I really don't want to 'fluf' the tree. so guess what I'm going to do?  I'm gonna be Tom Sawyer painting the white picket fence.  I'm gonna make 'fluf-ing' look like sooo much fun Frankie is going to fall all over herself wanting to do the job.  She will never know what hit her.  This is going to be fun.

I'll be right back, phone is ringing.

Frankie here...Sandy's no idea who she's dealing with.  (Insert evil laugh here.)  

Press: Publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment