Saturday, December 22, 2012

What's that I hear

Rat-a--tat---tat.
Rummm-a-tummm-tum.

Boom, booom,    Boom!   A-T-BOOOOOM!

No, no, no!

Rat-a-tat-tat.
Rummm-a-tummm-tum.

Boom, booom.   Boom!  A-T-BOOOOOM!

No, no, no!

Rat-a-tat-tat.
Rummm-a-tumm-tum.

Boom, booom.  Boom!  A-T-BOOOOOM

No, no, no!

Rat-a-tat, Rum-a-tum, booom moom.

No, no, nooooooo....

Am I hearing someone scream...it's dark...the noise is horrific....?

Someone is shaking me.

Frankie:  "Wake up, wake up...I'm gonna slap you if you don't wake up."
Me:  "Wha....????"  Frankie is trying to shake me into consciousness.  

I manage to get myself up onto one elbow.   My bed looks like a war has played out.  Pillows everywhere except where they are supposed to be.  Blankets, asunder, half on and off the bed.  And heaven only knows where my rice filled feet warmers are.

Frankie:  What the heck was all the screaming about?
Me:  "I was screaming?"
Frankie: "Yeah, it started out as mumbling, and rose in volume and intensity.  Over and over, you were wailing,  no, no,  no, no."

Me: "Oh, Frankie, I had the worst dream. I dreamed presents kept coming and coming, and coming.  There was always a note, it said they were from My True Love.  Please tell me the sun room is not filled with Partridges, doves, hens, calling birds, geese and swans."

Frankie:  "Well, it wasn't last night, you want me to go check?"
Me:  "Yes, please????????????????

Frankie returns a few moments later and tells me the sun room is fine as it the rest of the house.

Me:  "And you are sure there are not twelve drummers drumming on our front lawn?"
Frankie:  "Didn't look, but I'll go check."  

She gently rubs my arm, I think she thinks I've gone mad.  I think I've gone mad.

She comes back to the bed room and reassures me there are no drummers anywhere about.  She sits on the edge of the bed, much concerned about my well being.

Frankie:  "You want to talk?"
Me:  "Oh, Frankie, you're not going to believe this...and I can't wait to tell you...It was the Friday after Thanksgiving, and we are excited about December and Christmas coming....there was a knock on the door and a guy from UPS........."






No comments:

Post a Comment