Friday, December 14, 2012

There's a whole lot of mooooo

...ing going on around here.


I slept in until almost seven thirty this morning; it was only when the heavy lump on my hip woke me that I realized it was already daylight.  The lump was my cat, my guess is she was hungry.

I rouse Frankie, and I open the living room drapes.  I'm overcome with laughter, the kind that takes your breath away, and brings tears to your eyes.

Picture this.

8 three legged stools, 8 Guernsey cows, in bad need of milking, and 8 rain bedraggled maidens, their golden braids and bangs plastered to their heads.  Even the cows looked forlorn.

"Frankie", I wailed, "throw on a pot of coffee.  Now!  Snap to, snap to."

I throw open the front door and invite the be sodden maidens in.  Towels are brought so they could somewhat dry themselves, and their shoes were placed on the hearth near the fireplace to dry.

I'm at a loss what to say, except how sorry I am for their condition, and explain the situation with My True Love who has the most peculiar way of showing his affection...

One of the maidens, with a most delightful Swedish accent, told me they knew all about 'My True Love', and how she felt about his gifts, and that she would be delighted to tell him exactly where to go.  I inquired about the cows, and was told they were 'rented' from a local dairy, and like themselves would 'clock out' at noon.

By now the coffee was done, and the maidens wrapped in blankets had stopped shivering, but the cows were of great concern.

My front yard fence is only about three feet high and was intended to keep Zorro safely in the yard and was not meant to enclose a herd of Guernsey Cows.  We decided we would not be able to contain them till noon, and yon maiden whipped out her phone and called the dairy..."...yeah, vell, you vait till noon and these cows guunna to be all over der neighborhood, so I dink ewe bedder come suuun."  I felt reassured and relieved the cows would soon be gone.

I understood the maidens were quite uncomfortable in their wet attire, and I certainly didn't want feel responsible for any sniffing and sneezing that might be in their future; so I released them from their contractual obligation.  Soon a humongous, white, stretch limo pulled up to the curb, and the maidens prepared to take their leave.  With hugs all around, Frankie and I bid the milk maidens adieu.

I really wanted them to stay, because their accents were so delightful, I could have listened to their stories 'til the cows come home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment