Saturday, May 18, 2013

...or, winding up.

 

Frankie reminded me this morning that I didn’t post a blog yesterday.  I know.  I’ve been working every morning, and some afternoons, too.  This time of year I have birthday and graduation cards to create, and that alone, keeps me pretty darn busy.  And, of course since my storefront is up and operational I have to allow time to work on new merchandise.  At the moment I’m working on things for father’s day, as well as some travel items for women like matching computer sleeves, cosmetic bags and so forth. 

Plus, now that we are back in a ‘normal spring’ weather pattern, things are growing like crazy,  so that between showers I try to keep up with weeding, trimming and vine training as best I can.  The vine training is the hardest because I have to drag out a stool in order to do the job and I really don’t like having to stand on it since last year I once fell off of it.  (I did not hurt myself, thank goodness.)  I suppose this sounds like I’m cranky about having to work so much outside.  I’m not.

I love this time of year, it’s my favorite.  My world is BEAUTIFUL.  I cannot remember the last year the rhododendrons and azaleas have been more magnificent.  They are hanging full and drooping with gorgeous clusters of blooms of indescribable hues.  Reds, pinks, purples, whites, yellows, oranges...I’m telling you it takes my breath away. Yesterday afternoon I stood mesmerized watching honey bees, their pollen sacs hanging full, flit from flower to flower in the white rhododendron by my mailbox.  Such diligence, it was amazing.

As for the ARTS TAX...well, let’s just say I don’t imagine I will ever get that  money back.   Although, I read somewhere, someone said they had hope that the city would…”do the right thing.”   Yeah, right, like that is going to happen.  Should the city decide to do that, I’m sure they will at the very least keep the 0.99 convenience fee.  What do you think?

Then there is the grass...oh, my...Frankie is still shaking her head over the grass.  It is still to early to boast that I was right in just flinging the seed about, or that my diligent watering the way the guy in the store told me made it grow.  I confess, in my heart of hearts I know it was not me that made it grow, but the wonderful rain and cool weather we have had since I flung the seed around.  Also, I think it helped I used up the whole bag of seed because there was some to feed the birds, while leaving enough to take hold and grow.  Sometimes a plan simply comes together...I love it when a plan comes together.

So, I guess this ‘winds up’ the loose ends of this week’s activities...it’s time to move on.  I wonder what next week will hold? 

Hmmm...here’s something to ponder...what’s the difference between ‘winding things up’ or ‘winding things down’.  And, which one have I done here?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment