Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Here I go again.

This blog just might be the one where men in black suits come drag me away.  Sorry, I can't help myself.

So, here is one Rambling Old Woman's prospective.

I didn't hear all of the President's speech this morning, although I heard him say the country was behind and supporting all the people affected by the devastation in Oklahoma.  I'm sure all his words were full of comforting platitudes.  And, I think he was alluding to the fact the government would be there to assist because he had declared it a 'disaster' area.  Really?  I think if you think about the devastation in New Orleans not so many years back they would disagree that the government is going to offer much aide.  New Orleans recovered and moved on, but not so much with help from of the national government. 

I think it has mostly recovered and moved on with the help of volunteers, charities and the citizens of the city itself, who literally dug themselves out, washed themselves off and started over from scratch.  While parts of their city will never be the same it is the spirit of the survivors have brought the city back from the brink.  Where it goes from here will depend on whether the weather plans a future frontal attack.  I'm hoping they have learned from their past and are better prepared for the future. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm tired of and disgusted with our national government.  Please, stop making promises you can't possibly keep, stop with the flowery words, stop pretending you actually care. We are so ridiculously in debt from aiding countries around the globe there is no money left to help our own population...we can no longer rob Peter to pay Paul...I wish I had the wherewithal to help.  I wish I had the money to repair the school reduced to rubble yesterday.  I wish I had the money to pay the hospital bills for those injured.  I wish I had the money to rebuild every one's home. 

Realistically, all I can do is pray and send my love to you.

Please God, bless and keep us.

No comments:

Post a Comment