Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quit messin' with me.

Last week I was running around the place in shorts and a sleeveless, scoop-necked
tee. It was wonderful, glorious, a time sooo long waited for.  Don't you just love the feel of the sun on your bare skin?  Man, I do.  I was just settling in and getting used to it.

Ahhh, I was basking in the glow of Spring.  I found more excuses to go outside than a farmer with a long row to hoe.  I'd walk to the mailbox even though I knew the mailman had not come yet.  I'd bend over and pull a couple of weeds, or check a new green shoot in the flower garden.  After a while I didn't even look for an excuse to spend a few minutes in the sweet smelling, sun warmed air, I'd go out 'just because'.  It was great!  Fantastic!  DE-lightful!

Then, last night while I was getting ready for bed, I discovered my summer sleep attire did not feel right.  I was down right chilly, there were goose-bumps on my arms, hair standing up.  Shoot.  How disgusting!  I had no choice but to go back to winter jammies. 

And..., this morning my house is down right cold, I contemplated turning on the heat, but my bill is back down to a reasonable amount, so settled on wearing sweats and  thermals instead. 

Dang it...I could...I could...I could just spit tacks.

I'm telling ya', it is just not fair. 

It seems the older I get the harder time I have adjusting to the temperature fluctuations each Spring, though eventually I do adapt.

However, I think the thing that gets to me the most this time of year is the laundry.  I don't know about you, mine doubles.  I start out the morning in sweats and sometimes thermals, too, but find by noon it has warmed so that I can change my attire and switch to shorts and tees.  Back and forth, back and forth.  By the end of the week my hamper is so full, the lid won't shut.  It sits there grinning at me like a slightly inebriated sailor. 

I ain't asking for much, Month of May, just quit messin' with me.  Make up your mind for heaven sake, sunny and warm, or cool and damp.  My hamper and water bill will thank you. 

(Dear readers,  Please remember, I do proof-read these blog entries, a couple of
times.  Still I know they contain errors, misspelled words, poor punctuation, etc.  I try, I truly do. Pretend you don't see them, K?)




No comments:

Post a Comment