Thursday, May 2, 2013

Commence eerie music

Sometimes strange things happen in my house. 

A couple of mornings ago, I awoke to something, or someone gently pushing on my legs.  I figured it was CC trying to decide if she wanted to stealthy crawl up my body and plant herself on my chest. 

I laid very still, thinking if I moved she would get spooked and go away.  Since I really don't mind if she lays on me, I gave her time to decide what she wanted to do.

Time passed, the gentle pushing, touching, almost kneading continued.  However, I began to get annoyed.  I'm thinking "Decide what you want to do, cat, I'm starting to cramp up here."  Ya know how you finally give that 'now I'm really disgusted, and have lost patience' sigh.  That's what I did.  I roll over...CC is not there...and apparently she never had been.

Was all that pushing, touching in my imagination?  Maybe. 

No, it was real.  If I had only felt if once, that might have been imagination, this went on for at least a minute or perhaps longer.  There had been touching.

I think I wrote a long, long, long time ago that my husband has come to visit me from time to time, (since his passing) and although he has not made an appearance for quite a while, I think it was him that was gently pushing on my legs.  When these things happen I can't help but wonder what he wants. 

Goodness knows our last years together were a struggle. 

I've been giving his visits quite a bit of thought since the touching incident, and I've come to believe, these mysterious happenings are his way of saying he really did still care, up til the end and that he was more frustrated with the way his life was ending than with me.  Unfortunately, I was an easier target...throwing darts at yourself can be very, very painful.

These events have never frightened me and, I like to think if I were ever in danger he would somehow intervene, and protect me to the best of his ability.  As a result, I kind of like that he is lingering about.

Never a man to say 'I'm sorry', I think these visits are also his way of saying that.  (I know Paul, I appreciate you are saying that now.)  However, don't take that to mean you can permanently go away ...I'm kind of used to your surprise visits and I hope to hear from you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment