Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Know what I hate?"

Oh, this is going to be a great day!

Anytime Frankie begins the morning with a statement like that, I know (to quote Frankie) 'it ain't gonna' be good'.  I seriously think about ignoring her completely and simply keep typing.  She moves closer to the computer.  I type.

Soon, she's behind me, leaning against the back of my chair.  That of course, causes it to tilt backwards and fear over takes.  I know she has the power to make the chair and me crash to the floor.  So, reluctantly I respond.

Me:  "I don't know, what do you hate?  This morning!"
Frankie:  "Eggs.  I hate we don't have any eggs.  I want, I neeeeed eggs."
Me:  "Sorry we don't have any eggs.  Have oatmeal, have a muffin, have peanut butter toast"
Frankie:  "I don't want those, I waaaaannnnt eggs."

She's s-s-s-haking the back of the chair.

Me:  "FRANKIE, knock it off.  We don't have eggs, I can't get you eggs, I can't lay eggs.  Eat something else."
Frankie:  "You're a mean old woman!  This is neglect...I'm gonna' call the authorities."

At this point turn my chair around and face her.  I'm prepared to waggle my finger at her and let her have it 'with both barrels'. 

Suddenly, I'm very hungry...for eggs.  Oh, yeah.  Eggs, sunny side up, or maybe over easy.  Two, maybe three of them, snuggling together on a couple pieces of toast.  No, wait....a cheese omelet...nooo, a Denver omelet....nooo, a Mexican omelet.  Uuuuuuu, maybe a fried egg sandwich with cheddar cheese and mustard.  I can see the yokes now secreting out over the crust of the toast and drip, drip dropping onto the palm of my hand.  Maybe it might be nice to try eggs in a way I never have, perhaps Eggs Benedict.  (Whatever the heck they are?)

I guess my eyes must have glazed over, because, next thing I know Frankie is gently shaking my shoulders, bringing me back to reality.

Frankie:  "You okay?  I didn't mean it, I'm not going to call anybody."
Me:  "I know.  I wish we had eggs, too.  Man, you've no idea how bad I want an egg."

I want an egg, I need  an egg...or two, or three...maybe even four.  You want one, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment