Friday, January 31, 2014

Caw, caw, caw.

Yes....

....I'm eating crow.  The dish is cold, and unappealing.  I have to choke each bite down with a swig of hot coffee.

It's those dang edjukated metrolgists.  They were right.  There.  I've said it.

Far be it from me not to be the bigger person and confess that for once they got a forecast correct.  I'm talking about the snow storm that hit Atlanta, Georgia and how state officials started claiming it was not their fault traffic ground to a halt, people were stranded in their cars, and kids had to wait on buses for hours before being delivered safely home it was all the fault of the meteorologists, who had not kept them abreast of the snow storm that was coming. 

I confess at first I was eager to jump on Atlanta's band wagon.

Then I remembered, not to long ago I learned a tidbit about the business of forecasting the weather, there are 'Extended Forecasts', and what is know as 'Now Forecasts'.  Although it is the extended forecasts that the metrolgists tend to get wrong, it is the 'now' ones they intend to get correct.  Especially during tornado and hurricane seasons. 

Such was the case with the snow storm that hit Atlanta.  It was pretty much a 'Now' event and I've heard and seen some public officials blame weather folk for not telling them the storm was coming so they could have been better prepared. 

This morning, I heard the Governor of the State of Georgia admit that the proverbial 'buck' did indeed stop with him and said the state did get an update from the weather bureau, that a weather emergency was eminent, however he had not been advise or knew about the up-dated report. 

Now, ya'all know it is not like me to shout out a "Here, here!" to those edjukated guys and gals.  But I have to give them their do, due, dew (That's a joke son, that's a joke.) on this one.  Well done.  I hate to see you get blamed for getting the forecast wrong when you actually got it right...spot on right.

And, so, that is why this morning I'm eating tough, old, cold crow. 

Caw, caw, caw.

P.S.  Bobby is leisurely strolling along the edge of my computer desk.  He/she is looking well, and says "Howdy".

No comments:

Post a Comment