Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nightstand

My nightstand is actually a sewing machine that my Aunt Lill got me when I graduated from high school.  Over the years it has held 'its own' in both capacities.  However, quite some time ago I realized I was putting more and more stuff on it so I found a large, left-over, piece of plywood from my remodeling days and covered  it with wood grain contact paper so it has a much larger face surface.

This came in quite handy when I came down with a cold (which I happen to have at the moment).  This morning I actually looked at the clutter.  This is what I found:

lamp,
jar of Vicks,
kitchen towel (to wrap around my neck after I've spread Vicks ((to my neck...not the towel)) ),
bag of cough-drops,
box of tissues,
2 bottles of water,
2 remote controls (1 for the TV, 1 for the cable),
glass case with glasses,
telephone,
clock,
teeth,
devotional guide/Bible
book I'm reading,
the 12 I'm not, and
1bookend.

Now, if this were not enough.... I also had to build (some time ago) a kind of side pocket thingy that slips between the top of the sewing machine, and the compartment that holds the sewing machine itself. THIS holds:
my bedtime meds,
a bottle of aspirin (in case of a heart attack),
my cell phone (in case some bad guy cuts my land line and I need to call 911),
a flashlight (in case same bad guy cuts the power line, too),
hand cream and lip balm, (in case I can't get out of bed, I can lick the hand cream off my hands, and eat the lip balm for nourishment)

Plus at the moment there is a paper bag on the floor between the nightstand and bed to put my used tissues.

IS THIS RIDICULOUS OR WHAT?  

I never use the sewing machine at all any more, it's too time consuming to move all the stuff off the top of it to make any project worth while.  Although it is nice to know I could...if I were ever ambitious enough.

In the end though, (here's the important thing)....I am prepared for the worst case scenario, provided I'm in bed at the time.

NOW, THAT'S FUNNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment