Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue Moon

Admit it...if the skies were clear last night you went outside to check the magnificent Blue Moon.  I know I did, around 11 PM.  It hung low in the sky and I had to look at it through the branches and leaves of the ash and alder trees just behind my property.  It took my breath away.  It was magical.  There was not a whisper of breeze, no noise from the freeway, with only the crickets providing mystical music.  I'm telling you...it was a miracle...and best of all the Provider of all this didn't charge me one single cent.

I know there is a lot of voodoo and black magic surrounding this event, I personally don't believe in that stuff and prefer to think of it in the most romantic way.  So this blog is about the song Blue Moon.  I'm pretty sure no one of the younger generation has ever heard of it...or heard it sung by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra but trust me it was great.  Relax, take a deep breath and a minute, just a single minute and read the lyrics here.

Simply....enjoy

                               Blue Moon

Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald

Blue moon, you saw me standin' alone
Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own
Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me sayin' a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper "please adore me"
And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold

Blue moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodger

No comments:

Post a Comment