Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hmmmm.....

      I've decided I like the word contemplation.

CONTEMPLATION:

1   a : concentration on spiritual things as a form of private devotion

b : a state of mystical awareness of God's being
2
: an act of considering with attention : study
3
: the act of regarding steadily

I've been contemplating a lot lately.  Everything fascinates me.  I contemplate the streaks of melting condensation and they slowly creep to the bottom on my skylights.  I even watched a spider the other day wrap an insect in a silky film, lunch for another day.  Have you every watch one weave a web?  I have.  It is a marvel.
I've contemplated my life.  Ever excited about the things I've done, the things I've yet to do.  But, I've never contemplated about what I could have or should have done.  I guess that means my life has unfolded exactly the way it should have.  And I needn't contemplate what might or could happen in the future.  Whatever will be, will be.
Contemplating is good for the soul.  And, the mind.  They (whoever they are) say we only use a thimble full of what our brains can encompass, so I suspect contemplating is also good for our mental health.  

There are days I contemplate the state of America, and mourn.  I contemplate the state of the world and I not only mourn, but moan in pain.  I'm disgusted how we humans treat each other.  How have we come to such a point we've lost tolerance for our differences, and become Hell bent on wanting destroying each other? 

Sometimes contemplation gives me a 'heady-ache' as Tigger would say.

So, today I'm only going to contemplate on the things that bring me joy.  How the sun hangs so perfect in the sky, constantly moving, never sleeping.  The joy I get from spending time with my dear friends Larraine and Casey, while we study the Bible.  The intensity of the spider who continues to re-build his web, even though it is attached to the edge of my storm-door and I destroy it every time I go through it.  The excitement of Zorro when he know we are going to the front yard.  The twitch of CC's tail when a bird lands in the shrub just outside the bay window or the wind blows a leaf tightly against it.

So, dear friends and family, contemplate with me today, on the little things that bring us joy.  I bet they will cost you nothing but time.








No comments:

Post a Comment