Thursday, September 13, 2012

Slosh

This is my word of the day.  Chosen because this morning I sloshed coffee all over the kitchen counter top before I even got a taste.

While I was cleaning up the mess I got to thinking about the different ways things get sloshed.

The first one that came to mind is that 'people get sloshed' I won't say if I ever found myself in that particular situation, although it could be plausible.  The way to getting 'sloshed' might be fun at the time, but the morning after...not so much.

Of course, you can slosh things on counter tops, like I did this morning.  Cleaning up this slosh was not a bad job, but sometimes a slosh can be devastating.

Suppose you are in your best clothes, headed for a very important job interview.  It's a very rainy day, you are standing at an intersection waiting for the light to change.  A huge delivery truck hits a puddle just right and sloshes water over your new shoes, and your legs/pants all the way up to your knees. Not much you can do about that but carry on best you can.

I remember the day three eggs rolled off the edge off my kitchen counter...what a slosh-y mess that was, yokes and whites just kept jiggling all around the floor while I tried to contain the mess under a bunch of paper towels.

Oh, and then there was the time not long ago I discovered the plumbing problem under the kitchen sink.  I had to slosh through the water to clean up that mess.  To make matters worse, I discovered this tragedy at bedtime.  Just what a person needs to end a day.

And finally, I tend to think we all slosh through life.  Sometimes we just have to step in a puddle, sometimes the slosh can be ankle deep, but we manage.  As long as the slosh does not cover our heads, we will forge ahead.  We keep going till we need a boat.  Remember Noah?

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm sloshing through right now...whew!But hopefully the other side will be much, much better.

    ReplyDelete