Sunday, September 2, 2012

Destiny

Frankie: "What's destiny?
Me: "I don't know...maybe something that's meant to happen.?" My answer was more like a question.
Frankie: "Then, what's fate?"
Me: "I guess the way something happens."

Uh-oh, Frankie has that 'Bonnie look' on her face so I know this will not be resolved until we check out the Big Book.

I flip to the page with Destiny on it and read.
Definition of DESTINY
DESTINY suggests something that has been ordered in advance and often suggests a great or noble course . FATE suggests an unavoidable and usually unfortunate ending
Destiny:
1
: something to which a person or thing is destined : FORTUNE
2
: a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency
Synonyms: Fate, circumstance, doom, fortunate, kismet, lot, portion
I then turned to fate and read on:
Fate: The will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do.

Her face almost dropped to the floor. Obviously these explanations did not please her.

Frankie: "Gosh, it sounds like destiny and fate are generally not good things.”
I whirl around in my office chair, and try to read her troubled face.

Come on "Suzy Sunshine, think of the right thing to say.

Me: "No, no, no...destiny and fate can be very, very good. Look at it this way, destiny brought us together, it was fate that provided the medium in which that happened. In this case friends on facebook. Or, fate knocked on my door (facebook), and I opened it. You were there, I invited you in, and we are destined to be together. Kind of connected at the hip."

My little sermon worked. Her face brightened, she actually hugged me, and left the room.

A few minutes later she was back with a warm English muffin. "Destiny led me to the kitchen; fate wants you to have this."

I love Frankie, thank you so much facebook friends, especially Greg and his friend Willie.

No comments:

Post a Comment