Monday, September 3, 2012

Chapter 5, Selling house


The flowers that bloom in the fall!

I think I mentioned a week or so ago how my neighbor and I went to Michael's and I bought lots of flowers for the garden on the east side of my home where I can never get things to grow.

Hmmm!  I say to myself, "Self, would this work for the front yard gardens as well?"  Anything to make my yard more attractive to potential buyers.  Artificial flowers look so life-like these days, why not give it a shot.  I went to my favorite web-sites looking for good buys on flowers like Chrysanthemums, and found most places had limited colors, and limited styles.  Bummer.  So, I simply typed in 'artificial flowers' and let good old Google do the work.

I found a magnificent site.  I went bonkers, filled my cart a mile high, and decided to check out.  Wow, the amount of my purchase was outrageous.  Delete, delete, delete.

I stewed about this for several days, then yesterday I tried to find the web site again, but could not remember the name of the place.  Thank goodness for web history.  I scrolled back and found the web site.  For a long time, I sat clicking this, contemplating that, do I dare really spend this kind of money.

Sigh.

I decide to check some of the Realtor sites and find about three quarters of the places on the market seem to have beautifully manicured yards, neatly trimmed shrubs, and pretty flowers here and there.

Sigh.

Back to the artificial flower site I go.  Click, red, Click, orange, Click, purple, click, click, click.  Mums, Pansies, Ferns, Daisies.  My cart was heaping.  My heart is racing...dare I really do this...I proceed to check-out.  Don't ask me how much, I will never tell, it is a secret I will take to the grave.

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!!!!

Now I can't wait for the arrival of all my plants.  My place is going to look gorgeous, guess I will do just about anything to make a sale.

Who knew?  It's a brand new me, buddy-o....wooo, hooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment