Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dear Mr. Candidate,

I am not voting for you.  For the first time since I became a registered voter, I may not vote for anybody at all.

I'm so disgusted with your lies, promises, gooey smiles, and pretense that you really care about ME.  You don't.

I know you cannot single-handed fix Medicare, illegal aliens, taxes, or bring home the troops, YOU have too deal with a great many more people in government than could possibly fit into your Oval office, much less get them 100% on board with all YOUR plans.  Give me a break, I was not born yesterday.  None of the things YOU promise YOU are going to fix...YOU will NEVER, EVER single-handedly FIX.

I think the only way to save America's future is to become an isolationist nation.  We have got to stop trying to save the world, the world has bled us dry AND lets face it, the world no longer wants our help.  We are hated, round the globe.

No fooling around...THIS IS WHAT WE NEED, TO DO.

Send undocumented aliens home...let their own countries take care of them.  My own family might need help, and should not come second to illegal freeloaders any more.

We need to close all embassies, around the world, bring those people home and make them find actual jobs....they will soon come to realize the true state our economy.

We will suggest, not demand, to all other American citizens it would be in their best interest to return home as well.   I THINK we are still a Democracy, so the choice to come home will be up to them...whatever consequences befall those that choose to stay where they are, their fate is in their own families hands...the government will not spend money to bring them home.

We will, however, bring home our troops, where ever they might be.  Not in two years, 18 months, Christmas.  Now!  Right now!  It is time they...all of them....begin to protect our own borders...with a show of force THAT WE ARE MAD AS HELL, AND NOT GOING TO TAKE THE WORLD'S ABUSE ANY MORE.

Mister Candidate, listen to America...not the rich who are lining your pocket so you can sit in what used to be a respected, trusted, historically endowed Oval Office.  America needs a President that truly is for the people.

The poem on Statue of Liberty's table reads:


The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.
From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”


Perhaps it should read....I was the Mother of Exiles, standing here at sea washed, sunset gate, in my hand a beacon that once glowed world wide.  I'm no longer a mighty woman with a torch but one who's mild eyes are now full of tears, and who's silent lips command:

"My new name is Mother of America, and from my beacon-hand glows a single, dying flame; I have your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.  I have the wretched refuse, of these teeming shores: the homeless, down trodden citizens tempest-tossed, who's daily struggle is simply to survive...It is to them I now lift my lamp, these citizens of a once great nation, who live behind my golden door...and it is those I am now going to protect.


I'm sorry world, I cannot help you any more....you are going to have to fend for yourselves...I have a country to save."


Mr. Candidate, I expect the same from you...no more, no less...lift you lamp in defense of your citizens, not the almighty dollar and what it can do for you.

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely your,
Sandra Ann Hiller

No comments:

Post a Comment