Monday, September 10, 2012

Chop, chop.

Here is some good advise coming at ya.  "Never, ever decide to cut your hair when you are:

1.  Tired
2.  It's bedtime
3.  You're old."

That being said, you must know by now what I did last night.

Oh, yes.  I cut my hair.

I will not say I did such a bad job that I can't leave the house full of embarrassment, it's just ...well, ...short...really...really...really short.

I kept seeing a little cluster of hair that needed to be just a tiny bit shorter, first on the left side, then on the right, in the back...across the front.  I finally got happy with those parts, and then, you guessed it, I held the mirror above my head...and the crown of my head looked exceptionally long compared to the rest of my head.

Chop, chop.

I was having a ball.  Hair flew everywhere...on me, on the floor, into the sink.  Not to worry, the hair did not go down the drain.  I always close it off and take wet tissues to wipe all the cut hair out of the sink before re-opening it.

Chop, chop.

I glanced at the bedside clock, it is almost midnight.  What the heck am I doing?  I know I need to stop, but I am by now, a demon possessed.  I cannot put the scissors down, whack, hack.

Finally, and only because there is not much hair left I am forced to stop.  Hallelujah.  I put my barber supplies back into their drawer, brush all the clippings from my shirt onto the floor, clean out the sink and get ready for bed.  I'm done.

Oh no...I forgot...back to the bathroom I go.  I get down on all fours, and with my finger-tips push all the hair clippings into a neat pile on the bathroom carpet and put them into the waste paper basket.  I am so tired; and think as long as I was already down here, I might just crawl to the bed on my hands and knees.  And would have, except for the fact I had not yet brushed my teeth and could not reach my tooth brush and paste from the position I was in.  Dang it...I had to stand up.  I put my forearms on the toilet seat and gave a heave...I was most thankful I had the strength to pull myself up.

It took great effort to brush my teeth, and the vision of Zorro already asleep in the bed is the only thing that kept me going.

Finally, lights out...I think I must have been asleep before my head hit the pillow.

One good thing did come out of all this...I sure don't have bed head this morning.


1 comment: