Friday, February 7, 2014

...Oh, the weather....

I'm overcome with giggles today, and I'm not sure why. 

Maybe it's because of the snow.

All I know is I'm finding things ridiculously funny.

Take Zorro for instance.  All the dogs I've had, and there have been plenty, have loved romping in the snow, and if they had long fur would come back into the house covered in tiny balls of the cold, white stuff.  Not so Zorro.  Last night I acted all excited about going 'potty' before going to bed.  He bought it, up to the door jam, where he came to a screeching halt.  The snow stopped a mini-micro below the point I could push the door open.

He stared out.  I coaxed. 

He eventually, reluctantly, gave a bunny hop out onto the stoop, and went to the edge.  He hesitated again, I don't think he knew where the step was.  Again I offered encouragement telling him to hurry up, "the quicker you go, the quicker you can come back in".  The snow was just about up to his back leg knees. 

Boy, did he move fast.  (I don't know what I'm going to do if we have more snow, and the remaining tips of plants disappear and there is nothing left to lift his leg on.)

This morning's outing was even more quick...I tell you, my dog hates the snow.

Then of course there's my neighbors 'chicken fence'.  Giggle, giggle.  Remember when it went up last summer and I stated it would not last the year?  Well, things are not looking good.  The east wind knocked it around pretty badly yesterday.  It is listing southward, and the weight of the snow on it isn't helping.  As I mentioned when it went up my neighbor simply used 'craft weight' wire to anchor his fence to my vinyl picket one, and at the time I thought he did a pretty good job with that.  Giggle, giggle...not so much!

Now it's down to which will last longer...the chickens or the fence?  Two of the chickens have already disappeared.  And the fence...well...it's not looking good.  Giggle, giggle, giggle. 

Finally, I have to giggle at my Edukated Metrolgists.  They are puffed up like peacocks this morning...oh, my word!!!!!!!  Yesterday, they were right...spot on right.  They said the snow would start at 11 AM, and it did.  As a result, today, they are sooo confident they are forecasting this afternoon's holocaust is going to happen (around) two, and that there will be two to four inches of new snow in the metro area.  See them strut!  Strut, strut, strut. 

Oh, and, my local news is mostly storm related.  Here's the thing.  Apparently I'm not the only one who questions the experts in weather related things.  Otherwise, people would listen to the news anchors and weather folks and STAY HOME, OFF THE STREETS, DRINK HOT CHOCOLATE, AND WATCH THE NEWS.  But, do folks listen?  Noooo....instead they are clogging roads, fender bending into other vehicles, and chaining up right in the middle of streets....(seriously, I saw this incident yesterday on the news).  (Apparently it takes about 30 minutes to chain up an eighteen wheeler.)  

I've got my TV on, and just got a new update...now we can expect two to FIVE inches of new snow today.

I admit, if the Edukated Metrolgists get it right today I will really be impressed and I might just stop making fun of them.

At any rate, I'm having myself a jolly good time this morning, ( I believe, I believe...giggle, giggle, giggle)  Seriously!  See!  I'm staying home, off the streets, drinking chocolate flavored coffee and watching the news. 

"....Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since I've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

Giggle, giggle, giggle......

......

......

......

giggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment