Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cloudy with a chance of cheesecake.

Think hard.

When is the last time you've seen a meteorologist agitated?

I'm talking Ad-gee-ta-ted. 

I saw one yesterday.

It seems that quaint little century old magazine that predicts the next year's weather (specifically for farmers) came out yesterday for 2014.  Personally, I like this publication and try to remember to buy myself a copy every year. 

Well!!!! This year's edition got one of my local weather guys in a real tizzy.  I mean, he even used a word on air that the news anchor inquired, also on air...are we allowed to use that word?

I don't know, all I can say is this guy seemed quite offended that this publication did not use modern teknalogical means to predict what kind of seasons we would have next year.  He was quite appalled they simply went by the trends of the hundred plus years they have been publishing their predictions.

Seriously, he even had a graph to show how frequently they were wrong while he and all his college edjakated counterparts were almost 100% right because they have radar, satellites and countless tracking stations that cannot only tell us what the weather is going to be, but exactly when the weather is going to happen.  Man, I love when they are wrong.

What gets me is how upset this guy was.  Here you have a homey, down to earth, piece of straw in the corner of your mouth, publication that not only takes a semi-educated guess at what the weather might be, it also spins a few weather tales, and offers quips, and funny fillers to the delight of their readers.  If it turns out they are right, I'm sure the editor of the publication is delighted, if not, well, there's always next year.

Seriously, weather guy.  This publication is not out to get you personally, or to poo-poo (Poop, is that the word you used on air?  Could have been now that I think about it.) your college education and degree.  You've got calm down, get your blood pressure back under control, I've got just one word for you, letitgo.

No comments:

Post a Comment