Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cookie cutter cuts

I've noticed over the last year or two, just about every female news anchor and reporter has changed their hair style to accommodate hair extensions.  They all look alike.  Doesn't matter if they are blond, brunette or red headed, they all have l-o-n-g, straight, stringy, hair that hangs down either side of their face, and curl slightly inward, just above their boobies and come to rest in perfect alignment at their breast bones.

This morning took the cake.  My TV channel was set at a station I don't normally watch when it comes to the local morning news and I was shocked to see a fifty something female anchor with bleached blond hair (that didn't bother me, I'm a bleached blond myself at 76) and unkempt bleached blond hair extensions.  I could not believe my eyes.  I was so transfixed, I was bound and determined I was not going to leave the channel until I was really, really sure this person was who I thought she was. 

Finally, I got a close up.  OMG.  It was.  Why in the world would this classy woman show up looking so, so, AWFUL?  The only reason I can think that she would have chosen this hair style is because the station demanded she do so, and so she did, because she did not want to lose her job.

I thought about e-mailing her, or perhaps leaving a message on her blog, but then I could imagine her mother's reaction the first time she saw this hair-do; and, I'm sure she said it all.

It's sad really that women anchors and reporters feel compelled to, for 'ratings' sake, and job security, become assembly line reproductions.  For those of more mature stature being forced to look like a twenty-something person is ridiculous.

You hear me station managers...these women look ridiculous...I'm sure they must feel belittled, and at the very least tremendously embarrassed.  Are they helping your ratings?  Not as far as I'm concerned.  I don't ever want to see this anchor again, you've lost me as a news viewer.  I can only hope she was wearing a wig, and that as soon as the news broadcast was over she went to her office and ditched that mop, because that was exactly what she looked like, a lady with a mop on her head.

Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment