Sunday, August 11, 2013

Some days, not so much

Yesterday was not a particularly great day.

First, Mable, Millie, Peaches, Penny and Florence went on the lam late last week and have been under house arrest.  I've been watching them for several days... it appears Florence may have actually gotten away during the escape...or, M&M and P&P have her trapped up in the coop, because I've not seen her for days. However, I suspect she did get away, because she learned early on how to get on the other side of the creek.  I never saw her do it, but have seen her walking 'mongst the bed of clover and having a high old time.  But, yesterday it occurred to me if she is trapped in the coop, without food and water...well, enough said about that.  Things are not looking up for my fine, feathered fowl.

Second, I had to finish watering the front yard flower gardens and potted plants.  Try as I might, I simply can't keep on a ten minute per area time schedule, and I end up drowning one area, and skipping another all together.  Adding to the pain...I got my water bill.  Ouch, ouch, ouch.  By the way, it's not so much the water part of the bill that's painful.  It's the sewer charges (paying off millions of dollars in new construction) covering open water reservoirs (to ward off vandalism and terrorism attacks)  and finally on site and off site rain water run off. 

Finally, thirdly, (and speaking of water) my kitchen water faucet has been leaking every time I turn it on for months.  I've been living with it because I don't want to spend money on a plumber, also I've been wondering if I could replace the faucet myself...and, do I really want to attempt that? 

I guess a plumber will be coming.  Up to now the water had just been running along the rim of the sink...then yesterday afternoon I discovered it was also running under the sink as well.  How do I know this?  Why of course, a riverlet of water running across my kitchen floor.  %$&&*#@$%%##%!

Oh my, what a mess.  Once again I had to haul everything out from under the sink, dry everything off and put everything back.  I tell ya...I wanted to scream.  I've put a wash basin under there to collect any dripping water, and now use the faucet at a trickle rather than full force until a plumber can come and fix the problem. 

I tell ya, sometimes life can be a real b---h!  On the other hand, these kinds of days are great fodder for my blog.  Plus, I can hope that maybe Florence will return, maybe it will rain and I can put my hoses away til spring, maybe the faucet leak will magically go away before I have to spend money on it. 

I know!  I'm going to go look for my rose colored glasses, they've got to be here somewhere.

Me:  "Frankie, when is the last time you saw my....."


No comments:

Post a Comment