Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Aggggghhhh.

Some days I seem to get out of the bed on the wrong side.  Not literally, but I'm sure you get my drift.

My intentions are always honorable, I mean to get up, get busy, and hip-pity-hop-pity through the day.

Grrrrr, first I overslept...didn't even wake until after eight.  I even had lights out before 1AM last night so it isn't like I didn't get a good night's sleep.  Neither the dog nor the cat stirred this morning, (it was cold in the house) so maybe I could blame my tardiness on the fact I didn't want to crawl out from under the warm blankets.

Then of course, oversleeping threw my morning routine off, my pets were famished, and Zorro was wildly going around my ankles in ever quickening circles...he has no idea just how much danger that puts him in.  If he trips me, he's gonna be one squished puppy.  And that dear friends and family you can take literally.

Baaaahaaaaahaaaaa.

This of course takes me to our peanut butter, hurry to make the bed habit.  Let me quickly mention, this particular jar, is so thick, it's kind of like spreading almost set concrete.  It comes out of the jar in clumps rather than the creamy, easily spreading variety.  It's not spoiled or anything like that, but I have a feeling it must have been close to the bottom of the barrel when it finally hit the jar.  Most of the peanut oil went with the beginning of the batch.

I hit the road running while Zorro licked and licked I managed to get the bed made.

Should I get dressed, or go to work...I was already late, so I went to work in my toasty warm nighty.  And here I am.

I checked my e-mail, and my I Ching.  Then went to Facebook to check on news from family and friends ...there was hardly any.  Then went to my blogs.  I posted a new Pebble Whisper, and intended to post a new Ramblings but got sidetracked.

Now I'm further behind...I'm so glad I have such an understanding boss.  By now most bosses would be docking my pay.  Baaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa.  (Like she actually pays me.)

But I digress.

I remembered an e-mail I got last night from my niece, Christy.  She wrote about a web-site called  Encounter With Gorillas.  It was fascinating, and I viewed it again, and then posted the site on Facebook and I hope some people take a look at it today.  Great stuff, hope for humanity.

"Anyway," said only in the way Ellen DeGeneres can and does, my morning is shot, it is already after ten o'clock.  I do consider my blogs part of my work program, because it is work.  I am, after all, a writer, Baaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa, (I like to believe, anyway).  I'm in the publishing business, so writing is part of my work, right.  So I will not allow myself to feel guilty about what I'm doing now.

So, since the day is already shot to heck and back.  I'm going to take a coffee break.

Hey, boss...be back in ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment