Thursday, October 25, 2012

Heee, heee, heee.

Frankie got to the kitchen first this morning, and was fixing herself a cup of coffee.

I arrived a few minutes later.  

scr-eeee-ammm.

I looked around in terror...had somebody entered the house?  Was there a rat in the living room?  A huge spider perhaps?

I saw nothing, everything looked fine.

Me:  "What the heck is the matter with you?"  I asked with just a hint of anger and fear in my voice.
Frankie:  "You," she stated, stirring Hazelnut flavoring into her coffee.  "It's you...go take a look at yourself."  She actually gave a little shiver.

I want coffee badly, but was curious enough to walk to the bathroom to have a peek.

Baaaaaaaa,  haaaaaaaa,     haaaaaaa,     haaaaaa.  Insert deep breath here.   Baaaaa, haaaaa, haaaa.

I could see now why Frankie had such a reaction when she first saw me.

Remember my late night self inflicted hair cut a while ago???

Well, just a few days ago I was talking with my granddaughter, Michelle, on the phone, and she with giggles asked me if my hair was growing back.  I had told her yes.

This morning, the image in the mirror indeed told me that was a true statement.

I could not believe what I saw. I will try to describe.

The hair on both sides of my head, just above my ears was flattened tightly against my head, all the way up to the crown (I didn't look at the back).  However, the top of my head...well...that threw me into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.  There, two inches tall, (I measured) was my hair...newly blond-ed, standing straight up was the most ridiculous looking Mohawk I have ever seen.  Well, it wasn't 'straight up' because tufts of hair were leaning to the left and leaning to the right, leaning toward the front and back, while apparently some could not decide which side they wanted to affiliate.  It was hysterical.  

By now Frankie is leaning against the bathroom door jam.  She is apparently pleased I have started my the day in a state of embarrassment.  Thank goodness, we did not set the place on fire, or have need of EMT's...how embarrassing would that have been?

Frankie:  "Really, sweetie, you have GOT to get yourself a new hair style, this on is bad, bad, bad." She turned and left.

I'm still looking at the vision in the mirror and sigh.  I hate to admit it, she's right.

...

I'm thinking wigs, yeah, that's the ticket, or better yet, maybe I'll simply shave my head...maybe...get a tattoo one that says...Honk if you love Jesus.

Stay tuned it folks, this can only get worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment