Monday, October 15, 2012

My mind's a clutter

The holidays are coming, and my mind is cluttered.  I've been sitting at my computer since before eight this morning designing cards for Halloween.  But my grey matter is way ahead thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas cards.  Plus, I've told the neighborhood ladies I want to have a pot luck afternoon with them some time in December and my mind is racing on an invitation for that as well.

I especially want the invitation to the pot luck to be clever, cute, yet totally Christmas-y as well.  I know what I would like to do, but I'm not sure I can pull it off.  I would like to dress up 'Christmas wacky' and have my picture taken...but I would have to have someone take it, and at the moment the only ones I can think to do it is one of the lady friends I want to ask to this shindig and that would spoil the surprise.

There are times I wish Frankie were real.  For this she is no help at all.  Sorry, Frankie.

Last year for Christmas, my dear friend Simone bought me an outrageous red hat that would be perfect for the kind of picture I have in mind.  I could jazz it up with poinsettias, greens, and maybe even a big white bow.  Wouldn't that be grand?

Then I could don white gloves, throw on my fur coat, and hold a champagne glass in my hand with some kind of red or green liquid in it.  Oh, and I could add an excess of glitter to my cheeks so it looks like I've already had a bit too much of the 'merry' already.

See, I think that would be hugely funny, well...down right hysterical...and something that would be very, very unexpected.  However, I think last years Christmas card to these ladies went over their heads and although I tease everybody that I need to be committed, and have even asked for volunteers to be brave enough to do it.  I fear an invitation like that might cause my friends to bring someone in a white coat with a straight jacket  to the party to do exactly that...haul me away.

So there is my dilemma, do I act as Frankie would with her wild, free spirit, or should I act as the withering, inside the box, old lady that I am.

Yoooo, hoooo, Other Me, come out, come out, where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment