Monday, April 15, 2013

Another day...

...is about to bite the dust.

I had such great plans for today.  Somehow the things I had planned to do simply didn't get done.   Mostly I had hoped to work outside, but the weather man said it was going to start to rain around 'midday'.  I believed him, so I changed my plans.

Oh yeah, with great confidence my local guy stated the clouds would roll in midday, there would be afternoon showers and light hail.  I've got to tell you...there were no showers, absolutely no hail...and although there were clouds, they were most certainly non-threatening, as they floated along on a robin's egg blue canvas.  They were white, and puffy like cotton candy.  And sun, you bet, lots of sun.

I don't know about you, but I love when the weathermen are wrong. They tend to think all their radars, satellite images, and jet streams are the know all and end all of meteorological forecasting.

I should have worked outside.  Dang, weather guy. 

I checked the sky at noon, it didn't look much like rain.  Still, the weatherman thinks he knows all.  So, I hastily went out and added a few additional stakes to the back side of my newly constructed decorative wall, and beat a retreat to the house to wait for the showers and hail to start. 

I vacuumed, straightened the place up a bit, and cleaned the bathrooms...company coming tomorrow to play Canasta.  Still waiting for the rain. 

The afternoon crept by.  I got to wondering about weathermen.  Do they feel ridiculous when their predictions do not materialize?  It's bad enough I suppose, when they get one day wrong, but what about a whole week?  My guy said this morning that over the coming days the temperatures will warm, and I swear I saw a 68 degrees posted toward the end of the week.  Wouldn't that be lovely?

I have to tell you though, I'm not going to hold my breath.  Frankly, it gives me a great deal of comfort that Somebody is still in charge of what the weather is actually going to be.  Sometimes I envision Him chuckling, as He throws the weather guys a curve ball. 

I guess I should have worked outside today...because maybe tomorrow the weather guy will get lucky and it will rain then.  Oh well, I don't feel much like working outside anymore, anyway, so I don't care whether it rains or not.  Besides, it's only April I've got lots of time for yard work...and you know what they say, April showers bring May flowers.

By the way, what do May flowers bring?

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Why, they bring Pilgrims, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Our weather men have had an easy time of it lately. Rain and more rain and colder than normal. But you are right....Only One knows what's really gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete