Thursday, April 4, 2013

Where did the time go?

It seems I lost two blog days.  How in the world did that happen?  I guess I've been 'puttzing' through life with my head up my (you know where).  I'm trying to recall how I spent the last two days.

Let's see.  Oh, yeah, Tuesday I went shopping with my neighbor.  First time in a long time she was able to have the car on a first Tuesday of the month which just happens to be Senior Discount Day at our favorite store.  So, guess where we went?  It was a lovely time. 

After the debilitating time I had with my outing last week, I definitely took one of my anxiety pills before leaving the house Tuesday.  Since I don't take them often, by the time I had the groceries put away, I was sleepier, than Sleepy, in that old Fair Tale.  Zorro does not do well when I leave, (maybe I should give him a pill, too)I decided to snuggle with him for a while.  I puuuffed up my pillows, got comfy, and immediately fell asleep.  I never nap...never.  Hours passed.  What the heck.  Well, so much for Tuesday.

Wednesday...hmmm?  Right!  I made a quick check of Facebook, and e-mail.  Then since it was Bible Study day I spent the morning dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning the bathrooms (gotta keep up the facade I actually give a crap how my house looks). After study, I fixed myself a game hen for dinner, and contemplated whether I should go out and spread newspapers down in my extended garden to kill the grassy areas, and prevent the growth of plants where I don't want them.  Contemplating took a couple of hours, just long enough for my game hen to roast.  I think you call that procrastination. 

I ate.

More contemplating.

I heard it is supposed to rain over the next several days.  I KNOW I NEED TO GO SPREAD THOSE PAPERS.  Some time ago I bought several bags of the pine pellet cat litter specifically for this job.  It expands in size when it gets wet, and I knew if I put the papers down, and scattered the cat litter on top of it, I would not only be killing the grass; the litter, once expanded would prevent the papers from blowing around. 

Hmmm.  Rain...paper...litter.  Rain...paper...litter.  Dang it seemed like a tedious
 job.  Besides that, it was now pushing 7 P of M.  Dangity, dang, dang.  I know this is the perfect time to do this...shoot.

So, I do.

This morning, with great excitement I throw open the drapes.  I'm thinking it will be wet, the robins will be singing their rain song, and all will be right with my world.

Guess what?  No rain yet.  Now I hear there could be twenty mile an hour wind gusts related to the coming rain.  Oh dear, what if the wind arrives first.  The litter will not have expanded and become heavy, so the slightest breeze will blow it off the papers.  And those papers will blow...well, God knows where.

I'm in a pickle!

Come on rain!!!!  You can start any time now. 

Speaking of pickles.  I wish I had bought some Tuesday.  A dill pickle sandwich on rye toast sure sounds good.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment