Monday, March 17, 2014

I'm not and you can't make me.

Yes, it's THAT day of the year.  I absolutely refuse to join the madness and be Irish  today.  That's just nuts.

Yesterday, I don't recall what franchise advertised, a green pizza.  It looked horrible.  Seriously, it looked as though a cow had thrown up its lunch.  I posted that on Facebook, but either nobody saw it, or they simply figured it was one of my rants and ignored it.

Well, buddy.  That's okay with me.  I just can't understand the rhyme or reason behind this silly holiday.  Oh, I know, there are other silly holidays, too. And I tend to ignore them as well.  For instance Valentine's Day is equally ridiculous, as is
Mother's Day.  Actually Mother's Day is the absolute worst.  So many mothers get their feelings hurt on that day, when uncaring children and husbands forget to send a card, or give them a call.  They never get breakfast in bed, or taken to lunch to even so much as a fast food place.  Flowers, really??? And presents.....HA!  Now there's a good joke.

But I digress.  This is about St. Patrick's Day.  The day you're supposed to wear green, and if you don't you get pinched.  It's the day of silly parades, and green beer, and pub fights, and bad behavior.  Seriously, I was just visiting times square, many people wearing green, they're bouncing, jumping, and bounding around like...like...like a leprechaun who just had his pot of gold stolen.  There are horns and whistles being blown for no apparent reason what so ever, and shouting, so much shouting, what the heck is that all about?

Chicago turns it river green.

People drink green beer.

And, apparently eat green pizza.  Yuck.

There's corned beef, cabbage and boiled potatoes.  Well....actually....that's not too bad.

But, I think...honestly...this is simply a day for people to get together and drink themselves to oblivion.  And, not have to feel guilty about it.  After all, they are Irish for a day.  Oh, that sounds bad, like I dislike the Irish and I think they are all drunkards.  I can assure you that is not the case.  I just dislike they try to make ME Irish and I don't care that it's just for one day.  I'M NOT IRISH, go away and leave me alone. 

So, go toot your horns, and drink your beer, have an all round good time.  Just remember, tomorrow it won't be me with a whopping big hangover.  Oh, and may the luck of the Irish be with ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment