Thursday, March 27, 2014

Oh, the wonders of a sky

I confess, I enjoy a Spring day like today.  When I awoke, it was wet and grey.  The morning news told me it had rained quite a bit over night.  I didn't hear it, and when I had to put Zorro out at 2:30 AM it was not raining at the time, and the temperature was on the cool side, but not December cold.  I even allowed my pup to roam the yard for a few moments.

After I fed the animals in the morning, I went straight to work and didn't think much about the weather, I don't think I even looked out the office window much.  However, about 10:30 when I finally took a break, and as I stood in front of the microwave reheating my morning coffee I glanced out one of the morning room sky
lights.  It took my breath away.  And reminded me how much I truly enjoy living in the Pacific Northwest. 

The sky was filled with creamy, cotton candy clouds, and they meandered slowly, ever so gently pushed along on a March breeze.  Soft, periwinkle patches winked between the clouds, ever changing the appearance of sky canvas.  What is it about this kind of sky that can bring my blood pressure down, and my breathing slow? 

Then, I discovered another spring marvel.  The trees have budded so I can see their delicate chartreuse in contrast to the puffy clouds and the silken sky.  Oh, it is such a miraculous sight to behold.

As the day has been progressing the sky continues to put on quite a show.  Sometimes it clouds up, and we have a brief shower, then the cotton candy clouds reappear, followed by a sky that's bright, bright, almost iridescent peacock feather blue.  I tell you, it's been quite the day, my sky a kaleidoscope of ever changing shapes and colors.

It's now approaching midafternoon, and already the sky is donning the subtle hues that eventually lead to twilight.  I love a day like today so full of hope for the wonderful season of new born spring and full of promise for a summer of hot days, warm nights, croaking frogs and buzzing bees. 

I can hardly wait to not only smell but walk among the roses.  But, don't move to fast, my dear, sweet, world, I want to savor what tomorrow's sky has to offer, and all the  skies that all the tomorrows, have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment