Monday, March 3, 2014

Wallowing

Sigh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what comes over me sometimes.  By bedtime last night I had aches and pains us 'old people' get from time to time, and I was out of sorts because of it.  So, before I tucked myself into bed I took a couple of pain killers, thinking they would not only relieve my aching muscles, they would also lull me into a relaxing sleep. 

However, it turns out I didn't sleep well at all, and when I finally did doze off I had a terrible nightmare.  I simply don't know what brought this 'funk' on but, I woke up this morning down in the dumps.  Wa-a-a-y down in the dumps, and somehow crawling out of the muck and mire seems like a tremendous chore I don't really have the strength or energy to want to do.

Generally speaking I'm a very optimist person, ya' all know that if you are a regular visitor here at the Ramblings.  But, this morning I discovered my half full glass had been knocked over and sits empty, and my rose colored glasses are nowhere in sight.  I've even been trying to 'knock some sense' into me to no avail.  What to do, what to do?

Okay, I know I'm a very lucky person, I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge and cupboards, and just enough money to cover my expenses.  So, I've no right to complain.  Still...

I watched the news this morning....

I can't help but wonder what our country is going to do next.  We've already sent our young brave men and women across the globe for reasons I can't seem to fathom any more, and now with the upheaval in the Ukraine, what exactly is our roll going to be?  Aren't we eventually going to have our army, navy, marines and air force stretched so thin our own doors will be left open and unprotected?  So that like Nebuchadezzar the enemy will simply walk through our open gates.

And, what about us?  The general population, the mythical "middle class"?  Those of us who work our butts off, pay our taxes, and still hold out hope that America that used to be can be revived.  Are we finally going to throw up our hands in despair and defeat, admitting there is no "middle class", we're all at the brink, edge of the cliff ready to fall into the abyss of "poor", except we're just to scared to say the words, because we know we will fall into it. 

Seriously, no wonder I'm in such a 'funk'. 

Then there's this wacky winter, that does not understand spring is supposed to arrive in just a few weeks.  You want to scream?  I do.  I'm tired of wearing double pairs of socks, and thermals, and sweats, and sweaters.

I want to feel the sun on my bare skin, and a warm breeze waft across my face and rustle through my hair.  I want to feel good...inside, outside, upside and downside.  But, I guess that's not going to happen today.  Sigh~~~~~~~~~~.  So, I guess I'm going to go off and wallow.  Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm going to go wallow. 

Sigh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment