Saturday, June 8, 2013

Are you sad?

Well, I am.  Sad, sad, sad.

The idea that "someone is watching" has been around, probably since the first "spies" have been recorded.  The Old Testament comes to mind.  I was okay with that.  I truly do understand that sometimes governments must protect themselves, and learning about their enemies is a very important thing.  I'm even okay with that. 

But, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.  Now there are drones, that can buzz around our neighborhoods and secretly, quietly watch our every move.  There is a web site where I can zoom in on my street and catch a view of my home very up-close and personal.  I read/heard not long ago engineers are now working on a drone the size of a mosquito that will be able to land on you, without your even feeling it.  Is that scary or what?

This week I've learned the government wants communications companies to turn over all their records so they (the government) can see who we are calling, where we are calling and if they darn well please, listen to our conversations.  Am I the only one that finds this terrifying? 

I don't know how true this next statement is, but, I'll put it out there anyway.  I've even heard that already there are ways for the government to know what I'm writing in my blog, on facebook and even my e-mail.  Supposedly they keep track of specific words we type into our communications.  So I suspect if I write the words guns or ammunition too many times those communiques would eventually get a red flag of sorts, and my phones could be tapped, my blogs, e-mails and facebook postings would come under FBI, CIA or even Secret Service scrutiny.  Hmmm, I wonder what kind of bells and whistles went off back in Washington now that I've typed those letters into this blog.

Seriously, don't you get it?  Can't you see?  How much time do we have left before, as in Nazi Germany, the FBI, CIA or Secret Service pound on our doors in the wee small hours and drag us away to a dark, dingy room?  Supposedly they won't need a reason, except they think we might be a terrorist.

I had better stop, perhaps this blog has put me at risk...I will probably never know.  I guess it depends on how scary and much of a threat the various intelligence agencies think an almost 76 year old Rambling Woman is.

Just keep bearing in mind...Someone IS watching.

2 comments:

  1. I am just wondering if I will get ln trouble for sunbathing in the nude in my own back yard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say, middlechild, Maybe if you moonbathed,and your neighbors were asleep you would stand a better chance of not getting caught. Or...perhaps you could construct a 20 foot high fence...yeah, that's the ticket...a really, really high fence.

      Delete