Wednesday, June 19, 2013

No Call List

Remember how I reported not long ago the National No Call List does not work.  Today I had two good examples.  One call was from the National Rifle Association.  It started out as a recorded message...I wanted to talk to somebody...man, I was hot under the collar and ready to rumble.

I had no choice to listen to the whole dang thing.  Press one for this, press two for that, etc, etc.  Finally a number I could push to ask to be removed from their calling list.  I thought I would get a live person.  Nope, didn't happen, just got instructions on how I can remove myself from the list.  I have to tell the recorded message my number.  An animated voice repeats the last four digits of my number, and in a very polite manner informs me it might take as long as a month for the calls to stop coming...but they will try to do it in as short of time as possible.
Then I get a call from Life Line...they provide cheap check-ups for blood pressure, bone density, etc.  I have to go through a menu for a bit first, but then I'm encouraged when the voice said my call might be monitored, and to press one for this, two for that and finally a number that I thought might help me to be removed from their calling list.

Amazingly, I got a live body.  I told her what I wanted and she was very helpful.  She said she would not only remove me from their calling list, but would remove me from their mailing list as well. 

Well, what do ya know...two spam calls taken care of (I hope)...only a be-jillion more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment