Friday, June 28, 2013

Whew indeed!


I just got done posting on facebook that I've lost my mind. (They ask every morning 'what's on it').
Oh yeah...I've lost my mind.
Remember yesterday I wrote here that I close up my house every night because the news media has told me if I don't someone will come in and bludgeoned me? Of course you remember...you are my faithful readers.
Well.
Guess what I did last night?
Oh, I closed up alright. Early. I was bound and determined I was going to get to bed before midnight, and I actually made it before eleven.
I was so proud of myself. The front of the house was all dark by nine-thirty. The covers of my bed had been turned down, the bedroom TV was whispering in the background while I finished a little work on my Zazzle store front. Zazzle decided to 'upgrade' their look, thereby 'upgrading' the look of mine...and I'm trying to get my old look back.
Anyway, around ten-thirty, I rouse Zorro and I put him out front for his final pee party, and we retire to bed. Man...I had such a good night's sleep. It was fan-tas-tic. I awoke this morning bright-eyed and bushy tailed.
Hummmm, dee, dummmmmmm. Zorro and I saunter out to the kitchen.
To my s-h-o-c-K and h-o-r-r-O-r there was my sliding glass door...wide open...I'm talkin' wide, wide open. How could I allow that to happen?
I think this happened because we are all creatures of habit. My night time schedule is so routine to me; anything out of the ordinary throws me off. I immediately remember thinking, while I closed up, I would let that door open for a while (fresh air being what it is), even though the rest of the front 'looked' as though I was indeed ready for bed. What could possibly be harmful in that?
You could forget!!!!!!!! That's what you could do, stupid old woman. You could forget the damn door is open.
Talk about getting bludgeoned! Well, let's face it...I'd have deserved it. When I found that door ajar this morning terrible images flashed through my mind. Blood, gore, icky stuff. I know these things because I watch the Discovery Investigation Channel. Bad stuff happens, bad, bad stuff.
Thank goodness Frankie was still sleeping when I discovered my blunder...by the time she got up I was well into my morning activities and I didn't have to explain why the door was open. Oh, she's have been on me like scales on a snake.
Shoot, I do my Lumosity exercises almost every day, I thought they were supposed to be helping increase my mental capacity...what the heck??? Maybe I'm getting too smart for my own britches. Haaaaaa, haaaaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaaa (deep breath) haaa, haaaaaa, haaaaa.
Too smart for my own britches. Oh, dear, that's funny. Considering the hot weather that's supposed to be coming, I ain't gonna' need britches. Haaaaaa, haaaaaaa,haaaaaa, haaaaaaa (deep breath) haaa, haaaaaa, haaaaa. Bring it, baby, bring...it...on.
Seriously, from here on out I am going to be more careful when I close up at night, and even though my house is going to become a furnace while the temperatures hover close to one hundred degrees, my sliding door will be shut-tight-and locked, too.
Finally, I can guarantee you, next week I will be without my britches so, a few words to the wise, 'knock before entering'.

No comments:

Post a Comment