Saturday, November 2, 2013

Picture this.

As you know, this last week has not been one of my better ones.  The flu shot kind of put me under the weather.  My arm still hurts, but I am getting some ambition and energy back.

Since I had little desire to do much of anything but lie around like a lump.  I decided it would not take too much energy to be creative, what the heck, right?  In my garage I had a plastic container that held a bunch of artificial fruit, another held a garland of dried corn husks, I never used either.  I was inspired to put them to work.

With November approaching, I decided I would take down my September/October Chrysanthemum wreaths, and replace them with ones containing my plastic fruits and corn husks.  Piece of cake, right?

Not!!!

I discovered some glues will not stick to plastic fruits.  Seriously, I've got 'sticky', 'bookbinders', 'tacky', and my 'hot glue' gun.  I'm telling you...they would not work.  I tried for days, Oh, the glue would dry, but when I picked up the wreaths, the fruit would plop off,
                          going
                                               hither


                                                        and
                                                                    

                                                                                   yon.

It was disgusting, irritating and made me pretty dang angry, too.

The glues began to build up around the fruit, and I had to be more and more careful because I didn't want the glue to become more prevalent than the fruit.  Finally, on Thursday, all the fruit seemed to be set, and I took the wreaths to the garage for the final 'drying' period.  I was pleased, tremendously sick of this project, but delighted that come November I would be able to hang them.

Last night before bedtime, I went to check on my creations one more time, intending to hang them in the morning.

I picked up the first one.

                             Plop,


                                                Ploppity,

                                                           
                                                                         Plop,

                                                 Plop.

CRAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment