Wednesday, November 27, 2013

You know what?

I can almost taste the turkey that's going to go into my oven first thing tomorrow morning.  I started to thaw it yesterday afternoon, then put it back into the garage refrigerator for over night.  It's a bit larger than I expected, because it was free with my grocery purchases last week.  I figured free would be the low end of the weight scale.

So, I was pleasantly surprised when I read the label and found it weighed almost 14 pounds...it's one big bird.  I'm going to cut it in half after it has cooked and refreeze half, maybe for Christmas, maybe not.

But, I digress.

I really want to write about my sister.  Earlier this month her oven went whack-o, and she called for a repair man.  After he got over the shock at how old her oven/range/microwave was, he said he would have to check to see if they still had parts for it, and if they did he would have to have 'the old guy' come out to fix it, because the younger guys (like himself) didn't know how.  Geeze!

Of course, they no longer had parts, and she had to go shopping for a new oven/range/ microwave.

Here's the kicker.  My sister is a very, very busy person.  Much earlier (before the whack-o oven incident) she said she would have the Thanksgiving Feast at her house, everybody was thrilled...they didn't have to cook the bird.  Yea, sister, sister, wooo, hooo, you go girl!

Her new oven/range/microwave was installed last week.  Little did she know, what with her busy, busy, she was not going to have time to study the manuals that came with her new whiz bang, whoop-dee-doo, appliance(s) and she was going to have to roast her bird 'flying by the seat of her pants'.  I gotta' say, she is one brave lady!!!!!!

So, since we are both going to be busy with pre-holiday preparations today, I called her first thing this morning, to wish her and her family a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, and to wish her luck with her new oven/range/microwave.  And, I told her how brave I thought she was.  She laughed.  Said she didn't know if she was smart, or stupid for trusting a range she had never used before, and without having had time to read the owners manual.

Trust me this woman is brave...very, very brave.  I also love how trusting she is, going on blind faith everything is going to work out well.  Yea, sister, sister, wooo, hooo, you go girl!  Tis', a gutsy thing she's doing.  I shudder to think how bad things could go. Turkey burnt to a crisp, turkey not cooked at all.  And, what about the potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, are those dang new burners going to do their job? 

She thinks so, I hope so. 

Let's hear it for my sister...give a rousing round applause... and a toast of sparkling cider.

Way to go sis, WAY TO GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment