Monday, February 4, 2013

Boy...

oh, boy, have I been  busy.

My ole computer and I have really been burning up the electric bill. My mind in perpetual motion thinking about what I can accomplish with my store front, so you all can window shop.

Plus, I've decided to be better prepared for tax time and have set up a monthly spread sheet with Excel and have been diligently posting all my financial activities through the month of January...and did a pretty good job of that, if I do say so myself.  There are even a few posting already for February...question is...will Sandra be able to keep it up all year long.  Guess time will tell.

Then, I've been doing some crocheting as well.  This is something I do during the evening while my kitty, doggy and I are snuggled under an afghan on the sofa watching TV.

Of course there is also Bible study to do for our Wednesday afternoon lesson, and since I love research, the ole computer and I set the office smoking with that regard, too.  There is sooo much to learn.  And I  am so eager to do that.

Oh, and now that I've discovered Lumosity, that has become part of my daily routine, and every evening I spend at least half an hour trying to increase my mental capacity.  Busy, busy, busy.

And this now brings me to the point of this blog.  You've all heard the old adage about burning your candle at both ends...well, I guess I must have been doing that, cause, yesterday evening both ends of my candle met in the middle, and the damn thing went out.  I mean...it went with a quiet fizzle, a few sparks and a poof of smoke, but it was one h--l of a crash...sooo pooped...I was so, so, so pooped.  I could scarcely get myself to the bedroom to brush my teeth, pull down the covers and get under them.

What made it worse was I had chores before I could get there.  I had the dog to put out and bring in, dishes to put in the washer, doors to double check for locking, lights to extinguish, and a thermostat to set.  I was draggin' myself all over the dang place.

If I was a crying kind of gal, I would have been swimming in tears, too.

But, once I was finally in bed (a little after nine), man...did I ever sleep, yep I slept, and slept, and slept.  Didn't wake until almost seven this morning, when I felt CC land on my chest.  I'm guessing she was hungry.
I tried to convince myself I still needed more sleep, but, let's face it we all know when we've been in bed too long, and time is simply being wasted.

So, I got up and lit a new candle, and began daily activities. Busy, busy, busy.  I'd like to report to you all that I have learned my lesson and will keep this candle burning only on one end.  But, I already feel I need to find a new match to light the other, and if I do, I hope at least I have the good sense to blow out both ends at a decent bedtime hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment