Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Okay, okay, okay

I know you are all tired of my ranting about Realtors.

But!!!!

Ever since last week I've been getting phone calls from a local number that has been very insistent.  The name associated with this number is the same as my niece's husband (what are the odds of that) and had it not been for the area code that came with the number, I would have thought something awful must have happened to my sister.

I've been avoiding the calls ever since, instinct told me they had to be from a Realtor.  However, yesterday, I just happened to be walking by the phone when it started to ring, for some unknown reason I it picked up.

The man on the other end wanted to know if I am who I am and announced he was a Realtor and he noticed my home was no longer on the market...could he represent me if I were to put the house on the market in the future.

I was livid...patiently as I could muster patience...I explained I intended to stay where I am, because I was quite unhappy with the results from the time my home had been on the market first time around.

In that haughty voice only a Realtor can do, (implying I'm some kind of idiot for not bending over and kissing the feet of the other Realtors' endeavors), he assured me he could do a much better job and 'Id be out of here' in no time.

I took this all in stride...well, there may have been a little edge in the tone of my voice.

And...then...he...asked...

"What were your plans had you sold your home?"

Honest to God...he actually said that.   I was shocked.  He was the second Realtor to ask me that...AFTER my place was officially off the market.  Why the hell do they give a damn...and how dare they think that is any OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS?

And that is exactly what I told him...it is none of your business.

I doubt he will call back again.

Anyway, this will be the last time I mention R------s' here on my Blog, unless I do put the house on the market again.  Which seems more and more doubtful if calls from more and more R-------s' continue.  I've had the same phone number for over thirty years, don't you think it would be kind of a shame if now I had to change it because of continued nuisance calls?

I happen to be very fond of one particular gentleman who used to be in the real estate business.  I can't imagine him ever, ever, ever, being like the folks who are in the business today.  He's the kind of guy who, loves to work, and loves the work he does whatever that job happens to be at the moment.  When he helped me sell some property several years ago, I'd have been in dire straights without his kindness, patience, and tolerance of a Rambling Old Woman.  He's a wonderful, wonderful man, husband, father and grandfather. He deserves the EXCEPTION TO THE RULE award.

God loves ya big guy, and so do I.

P.S.  I'm glad you got out of the business, I'm not sure you would like it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment