Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Things have run amok

So far this has been a day from you know where.

Unbelievable.

I had a simple plan for the morning, get bills ready to pay this afternoon, clear off the top of the desk and file paperwork, then go to work.  I figured I could get this finished in half an hour, tops.

Uh-oh, I lost my insurance binder...I looked everywhere...first at the place it should have been.  Then I remembered I moved a lot of things around in the library when the house was on the market, I thought perhaps I had moved the binder to another shelf.  I searched and searched, could not find that sucker anywhere.  I'm talking to Frankie, I'm talking to Zorro and I would have talked to the cat, too, but I think she sensed a meltdown coming and disappeared.

The more I searched, the funnier this whole thing seemed...I think I was getting close to hysteria.

I eventually found the binder, thank goodness.  Is dementia is setting in?  Wasn't it just yesterday I misplaced my coffee mug?  Please people tell me I'm wrong, I need a confidence builder.

Of course, while I was looking for the insurance binder in the library I noticed the plants in the sun room had started to get wilt-y.  So, and although it was not in my schedule for the day, I took time to water them.  Then I notice one of the rugs in the room was all 'bunched up'.  Since I have had cats forever my instinct told me CC had probably thrown up on it.  She had.  Dang it.  I'm supposed to be at work, the day is fast slipping away, rug cleaning was not on my agenda.  I just wish when she did this she would come and say "Mommy, I threw up, could you please go clean it up."  That way I would not discover it days later when it is stuck like glue to some rug, somewhere.  Dang it. There is plenty of floor space, how come she does not throw up there?

Back to cleaning up the office clutter, I'm going through a stack of forms months and months old for things I ordered on the 'net'.  Yes, that was delivered, yes, I did get that...then I came across one that said I ordered a black vest...a black vest?  A BLACK VEST?  Well, I certainly never got that!!!  Man, I stewed and stewed about that, envisioning e-mail tag with the company involved lasting at least a couple of weeks.  I was not a happy camper.  Suddenly, with a slap on the back of the head from the man upstairs...(literally, like a flash of lightening in my head) I remembered the vest was a Christmas present for my daughter.  Whew...

Finally, I see the end of the road, I complete the filing, the office looks in pretty good shape, but I have still not done one lick of work.  What the heck...it is now Eleven O'Clock, am I not the boss?  The day has already gone to heck in a hand basket...I've decided to take the rest of it off.

Hmmm, what, oh what will I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment